You can't just have white people, you racist!

Randomguy

56 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Every recent television show must have an interracial couple and at least one gay neighbor.  Fact.

Is it worth getting upset about such a change for tv shows?  How about an all Asian descent cast in series  who spoke English (90%) most of the time?  And it's perfect English no accent?  Isn't that reality/norm for most of us in this forum, who know anyone of Asian descent on regular speaking terms?  

Surprise me on my last statement with anything different otherwise.  

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Every recent television show must have an interracial couple and at least one gay neighbor.  Fact.

...I have a gay neighbor (actually a couple of them if you also count lesbians.)  Come out of your closet and join us in the 21st Century,   @Randomguy .  The only thing you have to fear is PRI.  :)

20 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Mallory was a saucy and randy one, she was.

Bateman still pops up occasionally on TV or in movies, and she has also worked as a fashion designer at her own Justine Bateman Designs.

Beginning in 1993, she spent a decade battling anorexia, bulimia, and compulsive overeating. Cured with the help of born-again Christianity, she is now available for paid speaking engagements on the topic of health and wellness.

tenor.gif

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

It’s just being sold as the norm for the target audience.  Many ads feature black women.  Black women are statistically higher spenders.  Besides, diversity makes us strong. Roflmao

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Nobody will touch a crippled cast member, though, and nor should they.  Too high maintenance.  Fact.

They used to have a fake crippled man on Ironsides. If they fake being crippled they are not high maintenance and they get to ride around in a cool step van.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Well, they are set in "present" day? Correct?  No one has to sit at the back of the bus, drink from other water fountains? That sort of thing?  I guess, though, even a period piece like Green Book or Hidden Figures (or Shape of Water!) had much or most of that stuff!

Darn it! Give me the gold old days!

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Well, they are set in "present" day? Correct?  No one has to sit at the back of the bus, drink from other water fountains? That sort of thing?  I guess, though, even a period piece like Green Book or Hidden Figures (or Shape of Water!) had much or most of that stuff!

Darn it! Give me the gold old days!

That's why I enjoy reruns of All in the Family, and Married w/ Children :) This makes me sound old but TV was better back then.

11 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

That's why I enjoy reruns of All in the Family, and Married w/ Children :) This makes me sound old but TV was better back then.

I'm more original Magnum PI or A Team for my "time wasting", but yeah, those were funner days for TV. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

no more dukes of hazzard :(

TVLand or whatever needs to add it with Sheriff Lobo, and BJ and the Bear and we'll be good. Heck, though, Riptide, Hardcastle & McCormick, and Airwolf (RIP :( ) and all the late 70s-mid 80s stuff rocks!

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It’s just being sold as the norm for the target audience.  Many ads feature black women.  Black women are statistically higher spenders.  Besides, diversity makes us strong. Roflmao

The streaming channels don't do this as much, it is network tv that has to pander to anyone.  Network tv is in a very slow death spiral.

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Speechless with Minnie Driver.

Never heard of it. 

Handicapped people are hard to film around.  Stages have to be different, people are at different heights so framing shots will be tough, lots of cabling everywhere, plus they just aren't funny and they can't murder effectively.  Too many hurdles to overcome for long.

Plus, is no one going to comment on my avatar?

4 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I'm saddened by the mosque shootings.

Then on the other side, the suicide bombings.  

Isolation, fear, cynicism and lack of trust.  Just a toxic mix.  

There are a lot of people that view western immigration policies as cultural genocide and some, will act.  Too bad as the attacks are normally on innocents.  I also doubt there are any politicians that aren't expecting these kind of events.  They just feign sympathy and outrage when they happen.  Wasn't it the Mayor of London who said something like "Terrorism is just part of living in a big city"?

21 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

There are a lot of people that view western immigration policies as cultural genocide and some, will act.  Too bad as the attacks are normally on innocents.  I also doubt there are any politicians that aren't expecting these kind of events.  They just feign sympathy and outrage when they happen.  Wasn't it the Mayor of London who said something like "Terrorism is just part of living in a big city"?

Ironic to see western immigration policies as cultural genocide.  Those immigrating from non-European based countries, don't see it nor experience in that way when they live Canada, U.S. or Europe.  The pressure to abandon mother tongue is profound/happens easily/fast.  I'm a product of that but completely Western as soon as I popped out of the womb in Ontario. I have witnessed this profoundly in parents and relatives who have immigrated in Canada (actually Toronto) over the past 30 years.

Westernization of culture is converging with people from the west integrating food, fashion, yoga :) (as an example), kung fu/judo, etc......but still it's Western culture that's view as the power influence for social status globally.  

The whole biz of Asian-Canadian identity, it's not really about Asia...it is about history and experiences in Canada.  The whole, long arc.  And a chunk of it ...is just about living and how people interact with one another....which is what Kim's Convenience tv show is about.

28 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Don't you bastards hijack my wonderful thread!  :angry:

Then I will leave Random...so you can play more.  I have to go back to reality . Maybe I should listen to comedian Russell Peters....Indo-Canadian who can joke about racism and ethnicity..in a way ..well, it really can be funny.