Weekend plans as you celebrate the Green..or the Irish...

petitepedal

I have just a wee bit Irish in me....but it is so far back I am not sure how much it counts :dontknow:  Maybe a workout tonight..just the treadmill if I do go... 

Saturday, out with my friend Robyn..brunch and most likely finalizing my furniture purchase.  Got my usual laundry to do and some meal prep for the week...Think I will get the pulled pork out of the freezer...that and salads should cover most of next weeks meals..

Church and a "liturgical movement" practice for Palm Sunday..this Sunday...plus a work out and a quick trip to Trader Joes....Up...I think that is it..no Green Beer...but there might be Pizza...

Busy weekend.

Tonight going to see Beautiful which is the musical about Carol King. Just so happens that my daughter and her wife have tickets to the same show so we are going to meet for supper first.

Tomorrow Peter and the Starcatchers at a local community theater.

Sunday eating lunch with my son and his family. I'm going to give him my touring bike and try to convince him to ride the Katy Trail with me this summer.  

• Heart 1

Band practice tonight, first one since before Christmas.  Always good to get together with the mates, make music, drink beer - which I gave up for Lent, so that will suck.  Install the LED light strips over the counter tomorrow, then Mass, then the Knights of Columbus are having a St. Patrick's party where they will serve crappy food and crappier beer, which I gave up for Lent so that won't matter.  But there will be music and dancing and I don't dance.  Might actually get to work on the bike Sunday before heading a few hours south for another St. Patrick's party where they will serve corned beef and cabbage, which I don't like, and good beer - which I gave up for Lent, so that will suck.  But my friend's Irish band will be playing and they're very good, so that will be fun.

• Awesome 1

5 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Not much. I maaaaay ride tomorrow but dunno. I got caught up on laundry last weekend. No ?plans as usual by choice. Gravel race tomorrow that I"m not doing :(

Pet peeve #7654. 4 leaf clover   instead of ☘️ 

I'm picking up corned beef and cabbage today to cook for the extended family - my nephews love it and their parents don't usually make it.

Note that corned beef and cabbage is an Irish-American dish, not common in Ireland.  According to an Irish caterer on geniuskitchen.com, a REAL Irish dish is Shepherd's Pie made with any kind of beef, the English/Scottish generally use veal - which is ok, too. The extremely excellent tasting recipe she provides fits the OAMC (Once A Month Cooking) criteria of being able to make several pies and freeze them for nuking later: https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/traditional-irish-shepherds-pie-302120

I make it from time to time and usually make 5 at a time: one for now, one for each of my two siblings' families, and two to freeze for later. I use instant mashed potatoes (Idahoan's Four Cheese preferred) and make them on the thin side so it's easy to spread over the top of the pie before baking them for a short period (everything is basically cooked to start with after the mashed potatoes are added).

• Heart 1

Recycling tomorrow. So many boxes and those big styrofoam stuffings.  A couple tv boxes, sonos bar box, vacuum cleaner box, etc...

grocery store

people coming to get all the moving boxes so they can move

ylva coming to visit ❤️????

Son and I went to an Irish pub for dinner. Guinness and fish and chips. Both were excellent.

Saturday, prep work for Sunday’s open house. We’re inviting the neighbors over for corned beef sammiches, spinach artichoke dip, pies (apple, pecan, and blueberry), cookies, tea, Irish coffee (Bushmills) and Guinness. Should be a good time.

• Heart 1

Getting ready to go on a 45 mile ride in a couple hours. If you’ve seen the news, we have a LOT of flooding in the area, but the ride leader did some recon yesterday and said we will only have to modify a small section of the ride. We have to cross a small river that flooded a nearby town yesterday. Hoping to crest has passed the bridge before we get there!

planning to stay up and watch the F1 opener as well. 

WoW was looking at corned beef specials. Maybe Reubens for Sunday!