I have a renewed appreciation for the lowly kiwi now that I know you can eat the peel

Ralphie

4 hours ago, Randomguy said:

He was talking some crazy shit about eating the peel, wth is that all about?

Uncle google says so!  I thought it sounded rediculous too, but the skin is innocuous, not all that fuzzy tasting. 

It used to piss me off that the Chinese buffet sliced them without peeling so I avoided them like the plague, but now I scarf them down with abandon. Knowledge is power!  The convenience is Shirley worth the small amount of pesticide, herbicide, and fungicide ingested!

• Awesome 1

...here where we grow them, it is not unusual to see someone take a Kiwi fruit and twist it in half, then eat the flesh out of each half, throwing away the skin part that doesn't get eaten with the fruit.  I buy them here in ten pound bags...we're getting toward the end of the season.

You don't peel kiwi. You halve them and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.

Americans ingest way too much pesticides, it's a national disgrace. You really don't want to throw more poison in your body if you can avoid it.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:37 AM, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

And also, I had one keep FOREVER!  So between those two qualities, they have risen much higher in my froot rankings.  They were always delicious, tasting like sort of like strawberries, but I always hated peeling them.  Had that long-lasting one on my serial today.

U'r mean!

1468978684641.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1