I’m your friendly medic today

Parr8hed

9 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I’ve been very bored as the medic. So that’s good. 

I always try to go around and thank all the medics at the races just for beening there.

All race tracks have two ambulances at the tracks but I have raced at tracks that have had flight for life standing by. 

892279_476707105728526_375491581_o.jpg.thumb.jpeg.7a478fe7beb433f6d33cde9ccc628790.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Griffin told me later that R didn’t work at all. Sat in G’s wheel the whole time and came around him at the line. So G discovered wheelsuckers today. Good lesson. G won’t work with R tomorrow in the crit at all. 

My friend’s wife is writting a book about a teen cyclist. In her first draft, the protagonist is extremely talented, but cocky and doesn’t get along well with a lot of people. The book agents are making her rewrite the character to be more likeable. But to me, it’s a pretty good characterization. We all know riders like that, and now G does, too.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

My friend’s wife is writting a book about a teen cyclist. In her first draft, the protagonist is extremely talented, but cocky and doesn’t get along well with a lot of people. The book agents are making her rewrite the character to be more likeable. But to me, it’s a pretty good characterization. We all know riders like that, and now G does, too.

There are both kinds. George is a very humble, very nice shy kid who’s a monster on the bike. He has a mild speech impediment that I think makes him shy. Great kid, very nice (but slightly odd parents) but nice, honest, open. R is kinda the opposite. R’s sister took 3rd place at Nationals this year. She seems sweet. George is quick to come up to Griffin after every race and congradulate him. R is quick to run back to his dad to complain. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, BR46 said:

I always try to go around and thank all the medics at the races just for beening there.

All race tracks have two ambulances at the tracks but I have raced at tracks that have had flight for life standing by. 

892279_476707105728526_375491581_o.jpg.thumb.jpeg.7a478fe7beb433f6d33cde9ccc628790.jpeg

We didn’t have an ambulance, against my better judgement. 

13 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It's hard when it's your team mate, and the teammate is going against your coach's instructions.

I know, I resisted the comment.The objective of team work here is to dethrone Numero Uno. This race has almost a predetermined winner. That leaves the real race for 2nd and 3rd spot. R is going tactical by holding the wheel of G. I would go more tactical on "R". See how he likes that. The leader position is lost. Go more tactical. Beat R.