Movie review: Live and Let Die

Randomguy

Worst Bond movie ever.  I don't type those words lightly, as there are lots of bad Bond movies.  This one is utterly horrible, no actual plot at all, bad guys that had Bond captured 4 times and couldn't kill him, absolute stupidity in every scene.  Roger Moore's debut, he is super-stiff in fight scenes, and doesn't look like he could actually defend himself.  Also, any scene change required flippant comments, every time.

I thought the next movie, The Man With The Golden Gun was even worse. He was palling around with Sheriff JD Pepper from Live and Let Die. They are in some exotic country in Asia or some such, but they're driving American Motors cars. Even the police. cars were AMCs. :angry:

5 minutes ago, team scooter said:

I thought the next movie, The Man With The Golden Gun was even worse. He was palling around with Sheriff JD Pepper from Live and Let Die. They are in some exotic country in Asia or some such, but they're driving American Motors cars. Even the police. cars were AMCs. :angry:

Oh crap, I have another stinker to look forward to?

It was in Thailand and it was a Hornet X derived from a stunt show run in New York at state fairs by JM Productions.  There was almost no Hornet left but the sheet as the car was extensively modified.  The stunt driver nailed the jump in Thailand on the first take and earned a 30,000 lb bonus.  The actual stunt car never jumped again but it's backup car continued the stunt at numerous auto shows.

The car by the way was sold at auction in 2017 for $110,000.

And yes, there were no other American Motors cars in Thailand at the time.  It was all movie stunt.