Can see addiction

shootingstar

in gambling.  For the 2nd time at work, I threw $2.00 with 6 other employees for a lottery win.

Yesterday I won a donut, via a national donut 'n coffee chain.  Then later, I won $1.00 discount coupon and separately, a slushie. (I dislike slushies unless I was desperate after a 70 km. bike ride.)  ??

Just before Christmas, I won a set of 4 glasses (with corporate logo) and an elaborate wine drinking set with a thermometer, bottle opener, decanter...via an employee raffle.

This was spawned by:  my partner winning $300.00+ new stainless pots and pans 4 yrs. ago.  I had won earlier a cloth book bag via a bookstore, $30.00 via another employee lottery (15 yrs. ago),  a book of poems (which I never read), salad dressing (which I never used) and a granola bar.

14 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

My wife wants to walk to the store with me to buy lottery tickets.  Powerball is close to a 1/2 billion.

Knowing you, I'm sure you both want all the publicity after you win $500,000+ million. 

It bothered me abit when my parents would spend $10.00 or less on lottery ticket(s) each time, several times per month.  They probably won a total of $60.00 ….however these are same people who never went out for daily coffee/muffin and only ate out at restaurants several times annually.  I mean my parents were living at poverty line. 

9 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Wow, that was mean.  I would want nothing to do with the publicity and would spend the rest of my life quietly trying to help as many people as I could.

?  You're too sensitive, right now SQW.  Any one would be an idiot to want much/any publicity with that type of win.