Your city's arts,culture, fashion, events mag

shootingstar

I only look at the newspaper, but there are an assortment of other options like Washingtonian which looks good, but is often fairly shallow. Smithsonian Magazine or National Geographic society has great stories, which often then tie to something going on at the HQ/museum.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Our two major papers have a Calendar section but there are a couple of print magazines that are free at coffee shops & such.  

Amazing....probably there's a blog or facebook for the print equivlalents too.  Unfortunately we don't have an alternative regular web or paper news as alternative source for events, etc.  The ritzy mag. will not publish certain events....it's a shade still too genteel.  It's oriented to moneyed, hipster crowd that likes to believe they are really radical in thought and action, but not really.  The underground trends in mag in arts, culture, politics and social issues would not covered often at all which is a shame, given the population size and the struggles the city is having right now.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I only look at the newspaper, but there are an assortment of other options like Washingtonian which looks good, but is often fairly shallow. Smithsonian Magazine or National Geographic society has great stories, which often then tie to something going on at the HQ/museum.

Dearie isn't as enthused as I to visit Washington though I'm certain the cycling stuff would interest him.

He's off to NYC in fall.  

3 hours ago, late said:

Because we are a shameless tourist trap, everything happens in the summer. But the Brew Bus runs year round, and some of you would enjoy that. I keep saying we should build a wall at the border to keep invaders out. But nobody listens, and then they move here stealing our wimmin and jobs.

https://www.visitportland.com/events-calendar

Portland tourism probably does a better job of that than our local tourism. Our local tourism site would not capture indie arts events, creative stuff that is done on a lower budget. I don't even like our website...too crowded, etc.