Girl Scout cookies

Randomguy

8 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I usually walk by  --a whole box of cookies is wasted on us.  Cookies are too sweet.  I would support Girl Guides if they updated their fundraising stuff.  Maybe a box of compostable bags, etc.

I drop a $10 on the girls standing by the grocery store and tell them to keep the cookies.  That way I feel good about supportung the Girl Scouts and don’t have cookies in the house.

• Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

It's just another scam.  I suspect the girl scouts get 20% at best of the money and the cookie company gets the rest, just like when kids sell cookies, or other treats, for school.

OK, I just made that up as a skeptic.  So I did a little reading and realized I was pretty far off.  They get significantly more than I said.

They get 21% of the cost, or 84 cents per box.

• Awesome 1

12 hours ago, Randomguy said:

What is the deal?  Can you buy them in a store?  Why not?  Are there copycat cookies?   Why are there no boy scout cookies or pot brownies?

I really only want the cookies if they are actually baked by girl scouts.

Don't buy them. Dopey.

I will eat them when they are brought in at work because some other dope bought them.

Like you write, if the kids can't be bothered to actually make them themselves, WTF is the point?  What are they learning from selling something so "corporate"?