So jeep tail lights...

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Parsnip Totin Jack,

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

I am a lot more concerned about the 'blinding' ability of some of the new headlights.

That needs to be regulated and enforced. My statement to my wife when she is driving and one of these idiots comes along she complains about being blinded: “where is my shotgun when I need it?”

I don’t like jeeps because they eat orchids.  (I’ll see who’s old enough to get this)

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

That needs to be regulated and enforced. My statement to my wife when she is driving and one of these idiots comes along see complains about being blinded: “where is my shotgun when I need it?”

I don’t like jeeps because they eat orchids.  (I’ll see who’s old enough to get this)

that thing always creeped me out.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

I am a lot more concerned about the 'blinding' ability of some of the new headlights.

Believe it or not, those Bell + Howell TACVISORs advertised on late night TV actually work pretty good. The yellow visor works well at night for bright headlights and during rain and fog.

I've always like the tail lights that look like red eyes with a black dot in the middle, but they don't tend to match the styling today.

Remember when headlights used the same bulbs for almost every car and cost $3 instead of the complete unit that costs over $100 now?

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

That needs to be regulated and enforced.

It is.  People just flout the law and cops would rather just sit in the median with a radar gun.  What really bugs me are the LED light bars that are all the rage now.  You could land an airplane with those things.

7 minutes ago, 12string said:

It is.  People just flout the law and cops would rather just sit in the median with a radar gun.  What really bugs me are the LED light bars that are all the rage now.  You could land an airplane with those things.

The cops should write them up and then take a hammer and smash all the illegal lights. That might make people think twice about buying them.

• 2 years later...
On 3/18/2019 at 7:17 AM, Longjohn said:

That needs to be regulated and enforced. My statement to my wife when she is driving and one of these idiots comes along she complains about being blinded: “where is my shotgun when I need it?”

I had to google it.  I did watch the cartoons in question, but don't remember that character.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I thought aboot keeping this buried but looks like we responded at the same time. :D

I always said if I was a cop I would be as hard on excessively tinted windows and license plate covers as possible.

You would start off this way then realize quickly you show favoritism to pretty women.  

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

The X tail light on the Jeep is a homage to Jeep’s role in WWII and the Jerry can used to carry extra gasoline. 

3DDBFDF5-D3DE-410E-B2A0-AB89142E1C82.jpeg

I wonder what ever happened to all the Jerry cans I used to have? I don’t remember getting rid of them. I think I switched to Plews mixing cans when I was racing and left the Jerry cans at my dad’s.