Wilber - A Boeing 747 photo for your comment.

JerrySTL

Just now, Wilbur said:

I suspect there is a loadmaster looking for work.

Being from Iran, probably looking for his head around now.

A few years ago there was that famous crash of a B747 where a bunch of heavy vehicles inside of it broke loose on take-off and upset the W&B fatally.

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Being from Iran, probably looking for his head around now.

A few years ago there was that famous crash of a B747 where a bunch of heavy vehicles inside of it broke loose on take-off and upset the W&B fatally.

I read the accident report on that one.  The video is just the airplanes natural stall recovery as the crew had lost hydraulic to flight controls.  

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I read the accident report on that one.  The video is just the airplanes natural stall recovery as the crew had lost hydraulic to flight controls.  

So it wasn't a W&B issue with loose cargo? I must have read about some early speculation.

2 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

So it wasn't a W&B issue with loose cargo? I must have read about some early speculation.

It was, the vehicle went back when the straps broke, went through the pressure bulkhead and took out the hydraulics for the horizontal and vertical stab.  Yikes!  Bad day.   So, the weight went aft and the crew had no vertical flight controls, not that it would have helped.. They were in C of G trouble.