Esther’s Lunch

Longjohn

I'm making that broccoli soup to be part of dinner. I added a hunk of tofu. That was partly to add protein, but I put in a bunch of broccoli and celery, and it cooked down. So I am not getting as much soup as I thought we would.

I thought about getting some parmgiano reggiano today, but I forget I needed it for the soup, and didn't. I have a lot of other cheese, hopefully that will work.

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

One of my favorites. However WoJSTL doesn't like them, peas, or (so help me dog) Brussel sprouts! I usually have to cook my own if I want them.

A lot of the vegetables I cook she doesn’t eat but I always cook more than one vegetable. She suggested everything I cooked today and she ate everything on her plate.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Yay!  Eating is important.  I was going to say that she is very lucky to have you, but I suspect the truth is that you are each very lucky to have the other.

Yes we are. We have had good timing over the years with our crisises. When she is down I’m usually in good shape to take care of her. When I crash a bike and get busted up she has been able to take care of me most of the time. I’m sort of in maxx’s Position this time. I need to have surgery on a hernia but I’m waiting on my wife to improve some first.