Falcons? Just Falcons?

Razors Edge

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I don't care if they are circumcised or not.

If they're hooded, they won't do much.

In any case, don't expect the rich to sweat it. Camel racing is also a tradition, but it's dangerous, so the jockeys these days come from places like India.

Point is, you'd have to be suicidal to ride a bike in much of the Arabic world. Million buck hypercars driven by young men with only basic driving skills.

Because of their weird laws, expensive cars get abandoned a lot there. You can pick up a Ferrari for chump change. But you better have some coin if you want to being it home...

Best place to ride a bike, that I know of, is Italy. If you're on a bike, people will go out of their way to be nice to you. Cycling is to Italy what baseball is the States.

If you do go, bring a GPS. A lot of roads started out as goat paths, so in some places, you seem to turn every 5 minutes.

Just now, late said:

Point is, you'd have to be suicidal to ride a bike in much of the Arabic world. Million buck hypercars driven by young men with only basic driving skills.

Because of their weird laws, expensive cars get abandoned a lot there. You can pick up a Ferrari for chump change. But you better have some coin if you want to being it home...

Best place to ride a bike, that I know of, is Italy. If you're on a bike, people will go out of their way to be nice to you. Cycling is to Italy what baseball is the States.

If you do go, bring a GPS. A lot of roads started out as goat paths, so in some places, you seem to turn every 5 minutes.

Seriously? Reading ain't your thing?

Just now, dennis said:

Weed and reading comprehension don't go together.

Seriously though, free bike transport is awesome. Do you find any other airlines that offered that?

Not stoned.

He didn't specify, and I usually assume to worst, because...

1 minute ago, dennis said:

Seriously though, free bike transport is awesome. Do you find any other airlines that offered that?

Well - you sort of come across it and by the time you go to want to use it, it has changed or evolved.  I'm hoping Emirates sticks with it, but many of the Euro-HQ'ed airlines have slowly backed off their bike friendliness - at least for flight to/from the US. :(  American-HQ'ed airlines almost all suck now for bikes.

2 minutes ago, dennis said:

I don't think any of them offered that. I had my bike transported by a company that does nothing but that. It cost a fortune, but they had a really good guarantee vis a vis getting it there on time, and in good shape.

1 minute ago, late said:

Not stoned.

He didn't specify, and I usually assume to worst, because...

Which is not the best thing to do!

We considered Emirates for our Australia & New Zealand trip, but one direction was SPECTACULAR, and the other way was a 23 hr layover ?  Great price, solid service, but shitty if you miss the connection to the US by 1hr.

When Europe got expensive, a lot of people stopped going. Kids do their semester abroad in 3rd world countries now, mostly.

I've found that annoying.

So even the idea of cycling in the Arabic world is going to set me off. Now get off my lawn.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

We considered Emirates for our Australia & New Zealand

This is a trip you have already done? I had the impression it was still in the future, tbh. Do you have thoughts on your experience that you would share, particularly on you NZ trip? I have aspirations to make it there March 2021 for a little boat race they are doing.