If You Aren't Following Bug

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

That's it?  THAT is your rant.  I suggest you step up your game.

You've had a off day.  That happens once in a while... except for Razor.  He has an off day every day.

That's the punch line, not the rant.

Sigh.

Cruises started because the rich wanted to spend a season in Europe, but they wanted to travel in luxury, and separated from the hoi polloi like you or me.

Most cruises today are the destination. You get packed into a boat, and there isn't much to do besides eat, drink, and screw. Before I did bike touring, I did hiking and backpacking. I'm at the other end of that spectrum.

So there you are, jammed like sardines in a floating petri dish.

I'd pay to not go.

There are a few luxury cruises, but luxury costs, and for the same money you could spend that time somewhere good, like Paris, Vienna or London.

Or London, Paris, AND Vienna.

10 minutes ago, late said:

Sigh.

Cruises started because the rich wanted to spend a season in Europe, but they wanted to travel in luxury, and separated from the hoi polloi like you or me.

Most cruises today are the destination. You get packed into a boat, and there isn't much to do besides eat, drink, and screw. Before I did bike touring, I did hiking and backpacking. I'm at the other end of that spectrum.

I'd pay to not go.

There are a few luxury cruises, but luxury costs, and for the same money you could spend that time somewhere good, like Paris, Vienna or London.

So, you had a bad experience on a cruise, eh?

12 minutes ago, late said:

Sigh.

I'd pay to not go.

If we still had the Rant-O-Meter working, this thing would have been a solid 1.34.

As rants go, you can do better.

Just now, Longjohn said:

I thought this was going to be a buggie thread.

It may yet turn into one.  I remember when she had all sorts of seemingly groundless fears, but it never kept her from voicing them and worrying about them. HILLS!!! Falling over!!! All sorts of fun stuff. :D

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

If we still had the Rant-O-Meter working, this thing would have been a solid 1.34.

As rants go, you can do better.

Kids like horror movies.

Adults usually don't, they know how the movie ends.

Sure, I could do a lot better, but we don't travel much now, so it's become largely academic.

Still, the horror, the horror...

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It may yet turn into one.  I remember when she had all sorts of seemingly groundless fears, but it never kept her from voicing them and worrying about them. HILLS!!! Falling over!!! All sorts of fun stuff. :D

She was afraid of getting lost and not being able to find her way home. She lived in SW’s area but that was before his time. He could have helped her get over her fears.

11 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Did your ship lose power and have to be towed and the toilets didn’t work and neither did the air conditioning or were you on the one that ran aground in Greece?

Never gonna happen.