Are you doing your part

jsharr

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

No.  It is an election year here.  I am busy using my social influencer skills and hacking Russia so I can hack the US so I can hack Canada.  You morans won't know what hit you! :) 

Canada has elections? Who knew?

I try to post items of tangential interest only, knowing that discussion the new things I'm learning won't be as funny as trivial stuff. Otherwise I'd write about exploring creative writing (plot development, point of view, tension, pacing, etc.) and give an example like this of my homework from Writing Fiction by the Gotham Writer's Workshop (c.2003):

Ch.1, p.18:

YOUR TURN:

Take this opening phrase: Sam wasn't sure if it was a wonderful sign or a sign of disaster but Sam knew. Write down that fictional opener, then keep going. Freewrite, meaning write without stopping or even thinking too much, just scribble away however things come out. You should write for at least five minutes but feel free to go as long as you like. No one will see this but you, and you have permission for this to be nothing but gibberish. Just feel what it's like to write in a white heat.

Sam wasn't sure if it was a wonderful sign or a sign of disaster but Sam knew he had to react. He worked his way back down the hill and wondered if the bright lights in the distance would approach or die out.

"Jen," he whispered as he tapped her shoulder.  She awoke and could see the look of alarm on Sam's face.

"What's wrong?"

"Maybe nothing. Maybe something. Either way we have to move from here."

In the dark they worked their way into the brush so they could see the road from a concealed position.

"Wrrrrp. Wrrrrrp. Wrrrrp."  The strange approaching noise was soon accompanied by flashing blue and red lights that illuminated the road in multiple laser-thin beams.