I was wrong about the automat diner in Greenville

AirwickWithCheese

In less something changes, we are facing total bankruptcy in less than two months. Seems the young kids don't want to sit in a quiet diner all by themselves and get delicious food from a vending machine?  :(

Why don't you have wifi? Where are the bicycle racks? Can we listen to something besides that elevator music? When are we going to get paid? 

Why don't you get a job you young punk and comb your hair? Sickens me. 

Ungrateful hippies. 

22 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It's amazing how many morans don't know these simple facts. :(

How true!

Even if it's a moronic fad, you have to appease the fad to fit it!  When I coached high-school cross country I would ask the kids and parents to eat a high-carb lunch before weekday meets and pancakes or other high-carb breakfast before weekend meets.  50% carbs was/is the National Institutes of Health's recommendation for the healthiest diet for people without specific health issues and today's college nutrition and fitness classes (I buy the cheap next-to-last-edition text books on Amazon and study them) teach that diets less than 60% carbs result in athletes taking longer to recover from strenuous workouts.  But there was NO way I would tell the parents WHICH diet to follow because I wasn't going to get into a debate with people who thought they knew-it-all.  The best I could do was tell them about carb-loading parties the top athletes in marathons attend, etc. and sell them on carbs before races.

When I was teaching high school in 2005, I had kids who were getting vegan, etc. messages and were angry about cruelty to animals.  I asked them if they ate hamburgers, pork bbq, fried chicken, etc. and they said yes.  I'd tell them that meant they weren't vegetarians and that they were eating the meat of executed animals.  A lot of them didn't even realize that fact! It's amazing how little information sinks in yet hard social mores come out of it.  If I had told them that veggies were grown right on top of manure they'd have gotten sick. I never got into that or how the cattle, etc. are killed because the administrators would have got complaints from parents about me allegedly lying to the kids - a lot of the parents were just as ignorant but thought they were know-it-alls about food sources.

In the 1980's we had the fad of nearly-all-carbs diets like the Pritikin Promise and testimonies by athletes about the joys of 85% carb diets - including one by an Olympic Marathon Champion from Australia whose father was dying of heart disease but was running 10K races a couple years after going on the Pritikin Diet for Athletes.

In the 2000's we got the no-carbs, high protein diet fads and, to this day, food packages are labeled "No Carbs!" and "Gluten Free!" etc. etc. as if that means they are healthier than foods with carbs and gluten - which is a wheat protein which is healthy for the 97% of the human population that doesn't have Celiac Disease.

At some point in the future, someone will spread the semi-truth that non-GMO foods contain more insect piss and vomit than GMO foods, some people with flock to GMO, and then the food packages with trumpet "GMO only!" labels.