KrAzY Hates The Rain

Razors Edge

Then come up to the east coast today -we're supposed to have drenching rains all day today.  You know what they say "Late March showers bring May flowers" (and you know what May flowers bring :nodhead:  )

12 hours ago, KrAzY said:

I love riding in the rain. I don't hide out like them cowards! 

I will never forget riding on the beach in Gulf Shores one day.  We had been out since the morning, I was a little sunburnt.  I had on a tank top (I was young and invincible).   Beautiful day.  We took the motorcycles to Mobile to go to a Harley shop there and eat dinner at the Oyster House in Mobile.  I was doing about 75 on I-10 and a little squall came up.  These were the biggest freaking rain drops that I have every seen.  My shoulders were pink, the big fat rain drops hitting them at 75 mph stung like crazy.  You could almost see through to the end of the storm.  Do you slow down, let the rain hurt less?  Or do you speed up and hurt more, but get through it quicker?  Naturally, I dropped the hammer.  The wife ducked down behind me.  I won't mention how fast I went, but I got through the rain quickly.  We got to the Oyster house and they brought out some linen napkins for us to dry off.  Good times!  

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

@Parr8hed... Then big drops are no joke. The worst was when I was riding last year. It started off with a gentle steady rain and then turn into quarter inch hail. Lucky for me I wear a full face helmet, padded jacket, armored gloves, and able to lay across the tank for better aerodynamics. 

I stayed with the speed limit and kept hearing the ice pellets knocking on my helmet. Never felt one hit my hands or back, but the looks I was given were priceless.. I made it to a stop light, sat up and pretended I was in the shower washing under my pits. 

Ya got to have fun or people will laugh at you because you look miserable.

4 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I will never forget riding on the beach in Gulf Shores one day.  We had been out since the morning, I was a little sunburnt.  I had on a tank top (I was young and invincible).   Beautiful day.  We took the motorcycles to Mobile to go to a Harley shop there and eat dinner at the Oyster House in Mobile.  I was doing about 75 on I-10 and a little squall came up.  These were the biggest freaking rain drops that I have every seen.  My shoulders were pink, the big fat rain drops hitting them at 75 mph stung like crazy.  You could almost see through to the end of the storm.  Do you slow down, let the rain hurt less?  Or do you speed up and hurt more, but get through it quicker?  Naturally, I dropped the hammer.  The wife ducked down behind me.  I won't mention how fast I went, but I got through the rain quickly.  We got to the Oyster house and they brought out some linen napkins for us to dry off.  Good times!  

is this you?

15 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

@Parr8hed... Then big drops are no joke. The worst was when I was riding last year. It started off with a gentle steady rain and then turn into quarter inch hail. Lucky for me I wear a full face helmet, padded jacket, armored gloves, and able to lay across the tank for better aerodynamics. 

I stayed with the speed limit and kept hearing the ice pellets knocking on my helmet. Never felt one hit my hands or back, but the looks I was given were priceless.. I made it to a stop light, sat up and pretended I was in the shower washing under my pits. 

Ya got to have fun or people will laugh at you because you look miserable.

Yea, at least I was wearing a helmet.  Shorts, running shoes, tank top and a helmet!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I took a red-winged blackbird to the left shoulder at about 65mph.  Nearly knocked me off the bike. 

Yep.  Knocked the air right out of me.  I swerved a bit but stayed upright.  I could see how it would be easy to catch someone off a bike or make the put the bike down if they are not expecting it.