Remember when you were on a boat and the sea was rough and you got nervous?

Randomguy

Yes, and the wave was about that size and yes I was the asshole standing outside to see what was going on.  I was under the helo deck on a submarine tender and when the aft end of the ship went over the top I was sliding up the 12" diameter helo deck support that I was wrapped around for dear life.  a few seconds later as the aft end of the ship bottomed out in the next trough I was smashed down to the deck, still hanging on for dear life.  The instant I was neither of those things I darted through a hatch and after that trip I was fortunate never to go to sea again.

There were other adventures yet to come that were worse.

• Heart 1

I remember the last time.. I tried to knock back a bottle of Scotch. I was walking so wobbly and the boat was rocking so bad that I was actually walking in a straight line. Everybody else was slamming into the walls of the cruise ship.

I had a wicked hangover the next day!

• Haha 1

We went into the deep sea outside the Cayman reef in a 20 ft boat to fish. The water was more choppy than normal he said. I could actually deal with going into the waves because you could see them coming. It was when we reversed course and the waves would lift and push the boat that I got queasy. I was licking the salt water on the back of my hands to calm my stomach! 

Years ago my dad and I went duck hunting with an outfitter on Chesapeake Bay. We got caught in a storm coming back. We were in a 16 foot boat and 12-14 foot swells. It was exciting to say the least.

• Heart 1

Just now, Zackny said:

Years ago my dad and I went duck hunting with an outfitter on Chesapeake Bay. We got caught in a storm coming back. We were in a 16 foot boat and 12-14 foot swells. It was exciting to say the least.

How about being in a 16" boat with a 70 hp Chrysler outboard trying to outrun a tornado on Lake Eufala in Oklahoma?  Mom and Dad had to beach the boat and make a run for cover.
 I was with some friends in a Tri Sonic with a big block v8 and a jet drive.  We made it back to the dock and rode the storm out there.  
That was a crazy day.

• Heart 1

time for the strangeness....

My brother and I were headed across the lake, clouds gathering a bit.  Almost instantly we were hit with wind and pounding rain.  I grabbed the throttle to pull back so he could raise canvas just as lightning struck and sent a buzz right up my arm.  I slammed the throttle down and pointed west.  Not even a mile further, as we pulled to the dock, bright sun, it never even rained there.  Only a little odd.  We hung out for an hour when the phone rang.

It was my oldest brother.  Our youngest brother had just been killed in a car accident.  An hour ago.  Exactly when this freak, abrupt storm hit.  And the clock on the wall - battery powered - was stopped at that same time.  Really odd.

At the wake later that week, another lightning storm.  All the lights in the funeral home went out.  Including the emergency lights.  Just for a couple minutes, then they came back on.  Freaky enough to be in a pitch black funeral home, but the coincidences were piling up here.

A bunch of years later, his wife was getting re-married (they had only been married 6 weeks).  A beautiful, sunny day.  She asked a friend to sing "Somewhere Out There", specifically to remember my brother.  Right in the middle of the song - a bolt of lightning and a crash of thunder out of the sunny sky.  It was quite comforting.

• Sad 1