I don't feel we are a truly advanced society if our cars don't all have tailfins

Randomguy

13 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Yep.  One of the quick identifiers is that the 59 had the constant curve to the trailing edge of the tail fins while the 60 had the bent straight line.  The other tell is the tail light.  The 59 has the weird tear drop and the 60 has the individual lenses.

You're probably right - all I remember is the horizontal tail fins.  This picture came from a Google image search and was titled,, "chevy-impala-1959, red."

15 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Now they have nice plastic castings that looks like engines!

There are vehicles out there now where a simple spark plug replacement is cheaper if the mechanic drops the engine out the bottom, changes the plugs and pushes the engine back up.  Working on cars has become less fun.

18 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

There are vehicles out there now where a simple spark plug replacement is cheaper if the mechanic drops the engine out the bottom, changes the plugs and pushes the engine back up.  Working on cars has become less fun.

But on the other hand you don't need to change spark plugs for 100,000 miles. The engine drop cars are the ones out of my price range anyway.