NCAA March maddness begins now

maddmaxx

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Men today, women tomorrow.  This is the crazy weekend with games all day beginning at noon east coast time.  

For the past 3 years I have done a bracket challenge for all of the patients at work.  In the past I have kept paper brackets and just hand graded them on Sunday and given Monday results on who was ahead.  This year I created a group on ESPN dot com and put them all in.  It's been a PITA the past couple of days, but now that it's done I can sit back and let the interwebs do all of the work.  Monday morning I just come in and write down on the white board who is in the lead for patients and who is in the lead for staff.

I LOVE this time of year.  We have so many great teams in this little corridor (maybe not ALL great right now, but all storied programs) IU, UofL, UK, Purdue.  It's exciting.  Kentucky has 4 teams in the bracket!  Spring starts softball, Derby is just around the corner.  It's a great time to live here.  

Hartford also has a first round in the XL center (formerly the civic center aka "the mall" home of the Whalers.)  CT has Yale playing on the men's side.  On the women's side is UCONN in a very rare appearance as a #2 seed.  They lost 2 games this year which is in itself almost a modern record. (thin bench and injuries to star players)

12 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Welcome to the 21st century.

It's going to be nice.  We've been doing it this way with the family for a while.  I send out a facebook message to 4-5 families that my kids are good friends with.  We get a little group going on.  All real friendly like.

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

It's going to be nice.  We've been doing it this way with the family for a while.  I send out a facebook message to 4-5 families that my kids are good friends with.  We get a little group going on.  All real friendly like.

We have a pool at work where we invite our employees, customers and any prospective customers.  No entry fee and we give out a couple gift cards to the winners.  We have been using the CBS brackets for about 9 or 10 years now.

I almost forgot about the tournament's Round 1 starting Thursday.  Since I'm no longer working, I don't have a local-pool so I do it online. The CBS pool with prizes, where those finishing in the top 10% are put in a random drawing for money ($5000, I think) plus a trip for four to next year's Final Four, had to have all brackets submitted by 11 am and I didn't think of it until 10:30+.  I "autofilled" three brackets based on "experts" and then made a few changes to each one.  Then I did the same 7 with ESPN and 2 with Yahoo - both also offering prizes. I also did one with the NCAA I ran across, but I don't know if it has prizes.

The odds are probably over 1,000,000 to 1 against my winning, but it will make following the tournament more entertaining!