Top 10? Not Even Top 30? Yowza!

Razors Edge

What's up with that??? US carriers can't even make the top 30, let alone the top 10 in "cleanliness"???  Seriously, folks might be wise to wear hazmat suits on US flights :(

When you board a flight, chances are your airplane has already completed three or four trips – meaning three or four other people have sat in your seat, touched your screen, and rested their sweaty palms on the armrests. It’s no wonder that some study estimates that up to 20 percent of passengers on commercial flights will develop a respiratory infection within a week of flying.

Here are the top ten: 

1. ANA All Nippon Airways
  2. EVA Air
  3. Asiana Airlines
  4. Singapore Airlines
  5. Japan Airlines
  6. Cathay Pacific Airways
  7. Qatar Airways
  8. Swiss International Air Lines
  9. Hainan Airlines
  10. Lufthansa

47 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Not surprising to anyone who flies commercially. I'd rather drive.

I'd google it, but I don't think I want to know about some of the nasty stuff that folks have found when they boarded a plane and got to their seats.  I'm guessing "dirty diapers" would make more than a few appearances, and used barf bags. I use Clorox wipes, and still feel like I am surrounded by ickiness.

• Heart 1

Back in the day, the air in the cabin was completely exchanged about every 4 minutes with fresh air. Now it takes much, much longer as about 60% of the air is recycled to save fuel costs. That leaves germs floating around the cabin longer. Of course back in the day, people could smoke on flights.

7 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Back in the day, the air in the cabin was completely exchanged about every 4 minutes with fresh air. Now it takes much, much longer as about 60% of the air is recycled to save fuel costs. That leaves germs floating around the cabin longer. Of course back in the day, people could smoke on flights.

Trade-offs!  You still see some planes with ashtrays(!) but those have to be almost completely gone since those older seats took up too much space. The newer seats let them cram a few extra sardines in the can.