Speaking Of Old School Keys

Razors Edge

...I was in Lowes a little while ago buying some wood and whatnot, and I noticed a self-serve key machine towards the front. I needed a copy of my house key, so B-O-O-M! Made a copy in a couple minutes (don't believe the 1 minute hype!).  Worked perfectly and had no need for any human interaction.

image.png.67c575f4320387cec94baa5bf3e5804a.png

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

There is a 9 year old Chinese child laborer locked inside of those.  Just so you know. 

I know. I watched her work.  She was very fastidious, but also a little on the slow side.  Still, much quicker (and friendlier) than the guy I used to see at the sheoty little key kiosk. Talk about shortsighted business planning.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

hmm, didn't know those existed

How often does a person have keys made?  Not too often.  I didn't HAVE to get a duplicate made, but I figured it was easier than trying to track down any of our missing house keys and collecting them from relatives or neighbors.  Again - no human interaction involved (other than tapping on the glass and making faces at the little kid in the box).

• Heart 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

How often does a person have keys made?  Not too often.  I didn't HAVE to get a duplicate made, but I figured it was easier than trying to track down any of our missing house keys and collecting them from relatives or neighbors.  Again - no human interaction involved (other than tapping on the glass and making faces at the little kid in the box).

True, not often at all. I go to my local hardware store :)

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I have a friend who owns a small key shop, thanks for helping put him out of business.

Yes, because it’s the kiosk that is stopping Tom from driving from suburban DC area to NYC, Cleveland or wherever your key cutting friend is. I believe he had travel plans set for this weekend, but now it’s just an empty shell of a weekend.

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Yes, because it’s the kiosk that is stopping Tom from driving from suburban DC area to NYC, Cleveland or wherever your key cutting friend is. I believe he had travel plans set for this weekend, but now it’s just an empty shell of a weekend.

Colorado.  RG has friends in Colorado.

2 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

E0bSvNBXKs-zYrQSSu_G6UdCS-c2mlSSvxvoHpKGsBI.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=c859118d6e10ed3b308717b655f609c90502cdfc

• Heart 1
  • Envious 1