Choosing Options For My Next Car!

Razors Edge

I need these two features on my next car!

That software system takes readings from two vanelike devices called angle of attack sensors that determine how much the plane’s nose is pointing up or down relative to oncoming air. When MCAS detects that the plane is pointing up at a dangerous angle, it can automatically push down the nose of the plane in an effort to prevent the plane from stalling.

Boeing’s optional safety features, in part, could have helped the pilots detect any erroneous readings. One of the optional upgrades, the angle of attack indicator, displays the readings of the two sensors. The other, called a disagree light, is activated if those sensors are at odds with one another.

Boeing will soon update the MCAS software, and will also make the disagree light standard on all new 737 Max planes, according to a person familiar with the changes, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they have not been made public. The angle of attack indicator will remain an option that airlines can buy.

What you really want is a rather long pitot tube to judge airspeed.

My brother has something similar to a disagree light in his car. It's his wife. She is a horrible back seat driver including praying using rosary beads. She tried her crap on me once so I pulled over the car and threw the keys to her. "You drive." I like to drive with her in the car now. I floor it and jam on the brakes quite a bit. She doesn't say a word.

• Haha 1