I dont have a window at work

KrAzY

52 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And a toilet drain line.  Cool.  I wouldn't recommend doing chin-ups on that thing.

I'm not really sure what that line is for.. I'm on the top floor and no toilets are up here or above me. 

1 minute ago, KrAzY said:

I'm not really sure what that line is for.. I'm on the top floor and no toilets are up here or above me. 

Execs are on the top floor.  They produce a lot of shit, in order for it to roll downhill, you need toilet drain lines.

@Kzoo has much experience at CEO, CFO and CTO.  I think @Wilbur worked for him as a Pile It for a few years.

Chief Excrement Officer
Chief Feces Officer 
Chief Turd Officer

• Haha 3

Just now, jsharr said:

You know you can just hang a monitor on the wall with an outdoor scene in lieu of a window, correct?

Image result for fake window monitor

Not in the budget.. I already spent $12k this year on stupid stuff for the shop. Unfortunately none of it is worth while for me to use.

For the first decade of two that I taught in my final high school assignment (we have 12 high schools, all part of the same system), I had an interior room in the school in which I taught with no windows then, in my last decade, I got a room with windows about five feet in height that ran across the top half of the wall on the long side of a new, long, lab-and-class room.

The first thing the teenagers did when they came into the room was walk over to the windows: it was usually their first glimpse of outside during the whole school day.

Then 9-11 occurred. Planes had always passed over our school to land at BWI Airport but no attention had been paid to them.  But now the kids would look out a window and a plane would seem like it was descending straight for us. They'd scream, run out of the room, or dive to the floor.  So, for a couple months I had to but brown paper over all our precious windows until things got back to normal.  The kids would beg me to let them tear-off the brown paper but I waited until I judged they'd be ok.

When I finally removed the brown paper, the kids were thrilled.  It all just goes to show how important windows are to our psyche when confined indoors.  It reminds me of the movie "The Right Stuff" where the original Mercury Program Astronauts demanded a window in their space capsules even though they weren't really flying it.

• Heart 1