Lennard Zinn says that tall riders should have longer cranks

Road Runner

He also claimed that bike racers should be anally probed by aliens, that the eye on US currency is all seeing and reports back to the ghost of Grover Cleveland and that JFK shot Greg Lemond because of an affair he was having with Hinault.  His most outrageous claim is the stuff about bikes hanging off the top spokes when you ride.

well, there's actually a calculation for your crank arm size that uses the size of your shin bones and your inseam length to tell you the exact optimum crank arm length. Most of us fall in between 2 commonly produced crank arm sizes

...oh wait a second...you fuckers aren't even talking about bike parts here, are you? :angry:

• Heart 1

well, there's actually a calculation for your crank arm size that uses the size of your shin bones and your inseam length to tell you the exact optimum crank arm length. Most of us fall in between 2 commonly produced crank arm sizes

...oh wait a second...you fuckers aren't even talking about bike parts here, are you? :angry:

Well, sort of.  Luckily, being tall usually translates into a longer crank.  I also have 175's on both of my bikes.  It is actually hard to imagine that 5 mm (1/5") would make much difference.

Complete BS, has nothing to do with height and everything to do with leg length.

yes, the cranks need to fit the geometry of your leg bones

Common crank sizes are 165, 167.5 170, 172.5 and 175

My optimum is 173mm. My specialized has 172.5 and my Fuji is 175

if your cranks aren't in the ball park, you'll have more knee and ankle problems if you ride alot

5' 10" for me, and 31" (which I hardly ever find) inseam for me

5' 11" and between 34 and 35" inseam.

WoIndy is the opposite, short legs, long torso.  So far Graham got long legs, long torso, he's going to be a tall one.