Push ups....

Randomguy

12 hours ago, Randomguy said:

If I were a frozen treat this is what I would be. I appreciate the straightforwardness and simplicity. It simply isn’t pretending to be anything it is not. 

More straightforward than a POPSICLE???? A popsicle has no moving parts and basically the same darn thing - but simpler and cheaper.

Where does the Orange Dreamsicle, or any ice cream filled popsicle fit into this.  Has to be near the top.

I think I would go 
Fudgsicle
Ice Cream Sandwich
Dreamsicle
Chocolate covered ice cream bar
Push Up

Mind you, we are only talking about stuff you can get on the frozen food aisle at the grocery store.  The stuff you sneak into the cart while mom is looking at frozen vegetables.

On the ice cream truck side I would have to add the drum stick in there somewhere, as well as the Bompop and the ice cream cone wrapped in paper thing that had a gumball at the bottom.

We did not have a soft serve truck, just the kind with pre made stuff.

21 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

More straightforward than a POPSICLE???? A popsicle has no moving parts and basically the same darn thing - but simpler and cheaper.

Yes, better than the popsicle.  Popsicles are more complex because drips and drops can develop anywhere, and they melt faster.  Popsicles are tasty regardless, but pushups are better.

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Where does the Orange Dreamsicle, or any ice cream filled popsicle fit into this.  Has to be near the top.

I think I would go 
Fudgsicle
Ice Cream Sandwich
Dreamsicle
Chocolate covered ice cream bar
Push Up

Mind you, we are only talking about stuff you can get on the frozen food aisle at the grocery store.  The stuff you sneak into the cart while mom is looking at frozen vegetables.

On the ice cream truck side I would have to add the drum stick in there somewhere, as well as the Bompop and the ice cream cone wrapped in paper thing that had a gumball at the bottom.

We did not have a soft serve truck, just the kind with pre made stuff.

Your list is also full of tasty items, but I think push ups are the best of those, with dreamsicles close behind.  I like the strawberry shortcake on a stick from the ice cream truck.

I want all of these now.

• Heart 2

13 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

It was November/December #1. Most of them close for winter #2. RG does not like the cold...how the hell was he gonna eat ice cream.

The DQ line was out the door when I rode past it on Wednesday afternoon.  I almost stopped, but didn't want to stand in a line.

5 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

The DQ line was out the door when I rode past it on Wednesday afternoon.  I almost stopped, but didn't want to stand in a line.

Our local ice cream stand always has a line but it moved much more quickly than you would expect!  They aren’t about to leave that money on the table! :D

47 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Our local ice cream stand always has a line but it moved much more quickly than you would expect!  They aren’t about to leave that money on the table! :D

First day of spring they had free cones, that's why the long lines.  I think it's like the drug dealers, first one is always free to get you hooked.

12 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

First day of spring they had free cones, that's why the long lines.  I think it's like the drug dealers, first one is always free to get you hooked.

Would have made a good Seinfeld episode too!  People say they only hire winsome young lasses, and casual inspection does indeed bear that oot!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

People say they only hire winsome young lasses, and casual inspection does indeed bear that oot!

I know it was true at the Jackson Center Dairy Queen. One of my son’s tried to apply there one time and the owner outright told him they only hired girls. She said if they hired teenage guys and girls they would never get any work done. He said that is probably true, the girls were part of the reason I wanted to work here.

• Haha 1