I think I did a good thing....

petitepedal

Our elder son's wife isn't very sentimental and often sells family heirlooms without a care. So when we offered them his heirloom quality rocking elephant (like a rocking horse but an elephant) that he had gotten for his first birthday, we never got a response. WE figured their daughter might like to have it and eventually save it for her own kids. But the gist was they didn't want more stuff cluttering up THEIR basement and it would probably just get sold on facebook. So instead, we gave it to our younger son for his son to use and save. Several months later the rocking elephant was spotted in a picture posted by our younger son's wife on facebook. Then the drama ensued! :rolleyes: 

Dang family drama. ;) 

3 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Our elder son's wife isn't very sentimental and often sells family heirlooms without a care. So when we offered them his heirloom quality rocking elephant (like a rocking horse but an elephant) that he had gotten for his first birthday, we never got a response. WE figured their daughter might like to have it and eventually save it for her own kids. But the gist was they didn't want more stuff cluttering up THEIR basement and it would probably just get sold on facebook. So instead, we gave it to our younger son for his son to use and save. Several months later the rocking elephant was spotted in a picture posted by our younger son's wife on facebook. Then the drama ensued! 

Dang family drama. ;) 

This post is lacking photographic evidence.

Excellent and kind of you, Petite!

I have a huge china cabinet -full of great dinnerware, silver plates and pitchers, etc.- and a large doll collection cabinet -containing expensive dolls including a Greek Corfu Wedding Doll and a Chinese Goddess Doll that I bought for her on my vacations- that have remained in my mother's house since she died in 2003.  When I retired in 2006 I downsized, selling my house and buying out my siblings' shares of our deceased parents' house.  I want my brother or sister to take the cabinets and their contents and told them I don't care if they sell the contents, but I think I'm going to have to threaten to offer them to cousins before they'll get them out of the house. I think they want those memories of mom to remain in the family and, since they take up a lot space, they figure they might as well stay in my house!