Mr. Wangs Hu Hong

petitepedal

I was reading an article at NPR's Tuesday Tea, and the guy was raving about Pu erh. So I go to Teavivre, and they have a deal going, 5 samples for free, you only need pay for shipping. So I order 5 different Pu erh.

Next to my computer table is a bookcase, on top of the bookcase is a box of all the sample tea I ordered but never tried. So I look in the box, and right on top is a Pu erh. Let me tell you, not everyone could do  that, it's a gift. And yes, it's one of the ones in the order.

Read about autumn Darjeeling in another article, and ordered a little from Stash.

10 hours ago, late said:

I was reading an article at NPR's Tuesday Tea, and the guy was raving about Pu erh. So I go to Teavivre, and they have a deal going, 5 samples for free, you only need pay for shipping. So I order 5 different Pu erh.

Next to my computer table is a bookcase, on top of the bookcase is a box of all the sample tea I ordered but never tried. So I look in the box, and right on top is a Pu erh. Let me tell you, not everyone could do  that, it's a gift. And yes, it's one of the ones in the order.

Read about autumn Darjeeling in another article, and ordered a little from Stash.

I settled on Pu erh from McNulty's until I win the lottery.  Their loose pu erh is really nice, and I prefer it when it is cold or stormy out.  I wish I had some, but that can wait.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I settled on Pu erh from McNulty's until I win the lottery.  Their loose pu erh is really nice, and I prefer it when it is cold or stormy out.  I wish I had some, but that can wait.

How do you brew it, and how would you describe the taste?

If you took some leaves in the Fall and put them in a smoker for a little while, and then brewed that into a tea... that's what mine tastes like to me. I brewed mine for 4 minutes, I think I will cut back on time and quantity next time. I don't like smoky tea, so it's not a contender.

15 minutes ago, late said:

If you took some leaves in the Fall and put them in a smoker for a little while, and then brewed that into a tea... that's what mine tastes like to me. I brewed mine for 4 minutes, I think I will cut back on time and quantity next time. I don't like smoky tea, so it's not a contender.

Smoky tea sucks ass, I hate that lapsang souchongy turdpunch that some people are into.  That is like massively overhopped beer that is also massively overbarleyed and mixed with steer urine.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Smoky tea sucks ass, I hate that lapsang souchongy turdpunch that some people are into.  That is like massively overhopped beer that is also massively overbarleyed and mixed with steer urine.

I wouldn't put it that way, but I feel the same way. I had beer in Europe from Italy to Denmark, most were lightly hopped, a couple were moderate hopped. That's one of a thousand reasons to go there, the beer there tastes different from the stuff they sell here.

One of my favorite characters in The Expanse is Chrisjun Avarasala, a small Indian woman who is one of the most powerful people on Earth. She drinks lapsang souchong, not because she likes it, but because her husband does.

I tried it, out of curiosity, and it is so not my cup of tea..

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I do like the way it smells, like a campfire.  I have a very strong positive association with the smells of camping.  I wish it didn't taste like ass, though.

I've got 4 more Pu erhs coming in the mail.

Oy vey...