Living alone - now or likelihood

shootingstar

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadians-living-alone-single-statistics-canada-1.5045116

Not surprisingly, the number is increasing.

After dearie, I honestly don't think I need to live with another guy. Seriously, for me, he is the one and only. 

He must smile when you say that. 

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

He must smile when you say that. 

He insists I shouldn't be like that. I don't want the hassle of trying to figure out the next guy's motives... it gets more complicated approaching into 60's to 80's.  

Every couple is different.  Some people wouldn't even understand ours at the most basic level:  For instance, I was always happy for him when he was cycling solo for months across the continent or overseas.  It gave him joy meanwhile I learned to bike solo  on and enjoy long trips locally.  We always share each other's experiences of the day every day no matter where in he world each of us were...apart.  And being together is always quietly joyful. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, groupw said:

WoW's family has shown a propensity for sudden, fatal heart attacks! It has forced me to at least think about it. Not sure I would seek to marry again. I have a feeling I am on a "back burner" for 1 or 2 women if I was ever single....

I guarantee I am no one's back burner list. :)  I like it that way.  Life is simpler. Of course, this requires planning for the next 30 yrs. ?

I was a little shocked to discover a guy I had dated over 30 yrs. ago before dearie, had died a decade ago.  He and I weren't truly for each other.

4 hours ago, shootingstar said:

. I don't want the hassle of trying to figure out the next guy's motives... i

My neighbor that isn’t Amish lost his wife to cancer. He was lonely and got suckered into remarrying someone that was after his money. She was a real witch, she was only married for a very short time but somehow managed to get half his money. He decided not to marry again. 

I don’t know what I would do. Probably the smart thing would be to wait until I’m real sure. I like being married but a lot of that is probably because I have the right partner.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

My neighbor that isn’t Amish lost his wife to cancer. He was lonely and got suckered into remarrying someone that was after his money. She was a real witch, she was only married for a very short time but somehow managed to get half his money. He decided not to marry again. 

I don’t know what I would do. Probably the smart thing would be to wait until I’m real sure. I like being married but a lot of that is probably because I have the right partner.

You have blessed with a good marriage and partner.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I don’t know what I would do. Probably the smart thing would be to wait until I’m real sure.

The smart thing is to marry someone 30 yr younger with a nursing degree and and have a great prenup with power of attorney granted to someone you trust beyond the young strumpet.

That being said, I think Parr8 is already married :( so maybe we have to encourage RG to go to nursing school.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I do not see me settling down with another man.  

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Not even Goat?

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

He was on my short list, but I had to cross him off after reading through this thread.  

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I attribute that to sour grapes from his preemptive poo-pooing of the idea.

I could reconsider along the lines of a middle aged Animal House.   Of course you'd be the top pledges.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zealot said:

While I agree with that, it isn’t something I do. My wife is my life. If I outlive her, I’ll be a loner. I was before we met.  

It would be nice to have someone to call if you crash your bike and break it or yourself. I guess it would work out. When I broke my hip my wife was there but a cop called an ambulance for me. When I hit the deers and broke my shoulder and collarbone I called for my wife to come get me but a guy in a pickup stopped and offered to take me to the ER. My last crash I rode my bike home with broken ribs and separated shoulder and then drove myself to the ER.