Well, the big excitement around here is cherry

Dottleshead

...my two cherry trees are just starting to break flower buds.  I anticipate a better season for cherries here than last year, because the bees are already awake.  And last season was the worst I've ever experienced in terms of fruit set, so anything will be an improvement. :) 

Glad to hear you found one of those home places.  Most of the ones I've visited here in looking for the one that we used for my mom were much superior in terms of care and attention to the understaffed skilled facilities I've visited.  They just don't have PT, but there are workarounds for that. Sometimes you can contract with a PT who will go to the place and work with the patient.

I ended up having to find a GP physician here who still made house calls as part of his concierge practice, rather than put her back in hospital or a skilled facility when she got sicker toward the end of her life.  I just needed someone to write orders and prescriptions with an "M.D" behind his name on the signature line.  It turned out to be well worth it in our case.

• Heart 3

Yes, I have more to add but we are running tight on the schedule so we're heading down to see him now and to finalize his transfer today with the new home.  His main obstacle is that he still requires a two man assist -- which can be difficult finding homes that accept that.  But the private agency we hired found one and there is every indication at this point that it will drop down to a one man assist and then we can look at different options.  I suspect at 86 he will again make it a 1/2 person assist in the future but these things are never set in stone.  Thanks for your feedback M.  I appreciate your support and knowledge sharing.

• Heart 1