Weekend shopping

petitepedal

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Well...I think I met with success at DSW shoes... but as far as clothes go....it was a bust...I hate stores where they over crowd the merchandise... AND OMG just because I am old enough to be a grandma doesn't mean I want to dress like the Grandma's of 20 or 30 years ago...Come on give me some style....

Not sure what type of stores you go to find clothing...is it more business like clothing, casual or veering on fitness oriented?  If you choose tops that are more fitness oriented, that will already make you look more hip.  :) 

In CAnada we have the Montreal based chain where I've found some good styles at reasonable prices:  (Go to the bottom right, to reset to see 300+ styles on 1 pg. Yea, lotsa choice.)  The semi-French flair gives their catalogue and models a slightly different "feel" than other chains still at good price.

https://www.simons.ca/en/women-clothing/blouses-shirts--6673  We have a nice store in downtown Calgary. (Come on over ...and visit the Canadian Rockies too. There's a cheap bus that runs on weekends for $10.00 one way 100 km. to Banff in summer from June to Labour Day Sept.)

Wife was all excited a new Ross opened 1/2 mile from us. Technically, the grand opening was the day we were flying back from CT, so missed the crowd and went a couple days later. Kind of Meh...didn't see anything could live without and came home empty handed. That is probably a good thing.

I'm sure you'll find something. I know some women at work (close to our age) buy 2nd hand clothing.  I haven't gone that route becaue I've accumulated a lot of new clothing..I still haven't worn yet.  I have the opposite problem because my bone structure is small.

If I had a job like yours, business casual tops would be my pick.  Something Gap-like too. https://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/category.do?cid=34608&mlink=homepage%2C%2Cflyout_women_Shirts_Blouses&departmentRedirect=true#pageId=0&department=136   I think they are quite suitable for women @60+ , classic and fresh looking.

15 hours ago, shootingstar said:

I'm sure you'll find something. I know some women at work (close to our age) buy 2nd hand clothing.  I haven't gone that route becaue I've accumulated a lot of new clothing..I still haven't worn yet.  I have the opposite problem because my bone structure is small.

If I had a job like yours, business casual tops would be my pick.  Something Gap-like too. https://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/category.do?cid=34608&mlink=homepage%2C%2Cflyout_women_Shirts_Blouses&departmentRedirect=true#pageId=0&department=136   I think they are quite suitable for women @60+ , classic and fresh looking.

I always liked tops with a gap.

Ran an errand at lunch today and almost came home with a new car. A shortcut behind a shopping center took my by a 2019 Mustang Bullitt. I stopped to check it out. A guy from the car dealer across the way was walking towards me and asked if I wanted to sit in it. Sure. He thought I was the buyer who didn’t want anyone touching it and had it parked across the street. I told him I was just looking, not the buyer, but it would’ve been sweet to do some donuts in the back lot in someone else’s muscle car. In case you’re wondering, $52k was the sticker price.

9BCECE44-350B-4B60-967E-6F8DF6C2B2C2.jpeg

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Well...I think I met with success at DSW shoes... but as far as clothes go....it was a bust...I hate stores where they over crowd the merchandise... AND OMG just because I am old enough to be a grandma doesn't mean I want to dress like the Grandma's of 20 or 30 years ago...Come on give me some style....

When I was in my mid-50's, some of the gifted teenage girls in one of my chemistry classes told me they were going to give me a makeover. They were going to shorten my hair on the sides and spike it a little in the middle, new casual clothes, etc.  I told them I had to keep looking like an old fart because it was the last thread of authority figure left to teachers today. But I often wonder if I should have taken them up on their offer!

• Heart 1