Lunch is always a bit of a gamble

Kirby

I tend to buy a number of the same items in the cafeteria every week or so, and it's always exciting to see how much the checkout people will charge.  The same lunch can cost up to $2 more on some days and then less on some other days.  It can even be the same checkout person with wildly different prices each time.  You could try to point out the discrepancy to them, but I can assure you that is a frustrating waste of time.   At least it keeps lunch interesting.

• Awesome 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Lunch at Kirby's office cafeteria.  Go for the pies...

Discussing my office b-day event today in the team meeting, and I said we should consider pie rather than just cake.  Some n00b/moran/azzclown said, "pie instead of cake would be a nice change."  I said, "HELL NO!  Pie and cake. Keep your cakehole shut for the rest of the meeting."

• Heart 4

46 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I said, "HELL NO!  Pie and cake.

You should not swear in a company meeting.  It reflects badly in your moral character.

#theregoesyourpromotion

Pie AND cake is always a great choice.  Was there mention of ice cream too?

Who the heck discusses birthday parties in company meetings?  No wonder the Chinese are winning.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Discussing my office b-day event today in the team meeting, and I said we should consider pie rather than just cake.  Some n00b/moran/azzclown said, "pie instead of cake would be a nice change."  I said, "HELL NO!  Pie and cake. Keep your cakehole shut for the rest of the meeting."

If he was voting for pie, he has a piehole, you picklehead.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

You should not swear in a company meeting.  It reflects badly in your moral character.

#theregoesyourpromotion

Pie AND cake is always a great choice.  Was there mention of ice cream too?

Who the heck discusses birthday parties in company meetings?  No wonder the Chinese are winning.

We hire based upon birth month.  We like to have every month covered, but don't worry about December since that's filled with stuff already.

Ice cream is popular, but not common enough. Nor whipped cream.

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

I tend to buy a number of the same items in the cafeteria every week or so, and it's always exciting to see how much the checkout people will charge.  The same lunch can cost up to $2 more on some days and then less on some other days.  It can even be the same checkout person with wildly different prices each time.  You could try to point out the discrepancy to them, but I can assure you that is a frustrating waste of time.   At least it keeps lunch interesting.

There is a ma-pa Italian restaurant near me where I place carry-out orders for spaghetti with meatballs, green peppers, onions, and extra sauce where some days I pay $9.98 and some days $14.48.  The "fair" price is $11.98 which is charged most of the time - it's a huge amount good for 2 big meals.  Arguing the price results in the same waste-of-time you mention!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

We had a birthday in the office today, and since we had two in the last two weeks, we needed something a bit different.  I ordered some  Kringle from Wisconsin, but we had that in addition to a cake because we're not savages.

We had apple Kringle in the office last week.  We had an employee go to Wisconsin for the weekend and brought us back Kringle.  Yum