Hitting the wall

late

That's not a metaphor, the wife was driving my car (I am quite sore) and was parking, but didn't get it into park. So it started rolling forward, towards the building. She hit the wrong pedal, jumped the small barrier, crushed a planter, and dented the wall. The car, oddly, seems to be fine. My backs a little sore, but that's getting out  of it easy.

I think Portland sends everything if somebody gets a hangnail. We were calling AAA when 2 fire trucks showed up, then 2 cop cars, then a city building inspector. I think the mayor must have had a previous engagement.

My luck runs to extremes.

• Heart 2
  • Sad 6

58 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

VERY happy no one got hurt.

BUT, seriously, that's a WARNING shot across the bow, and I hope you start thinking long and hard about it.

Sure, don't let the wife drive my car.

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

VERY happy no one got hurt.

BUT, seriously, that's a WARNING shot across the bow, and I hope you start thinking long and hard about it.

It's a common problem.  It is not however confined to the older part of the population.  There are several not so surprising demographic groups most likely to have this problem.  Seniors, Young drivers and Women who wear shoes not suitable for driving.  There are about 44 pedal accidents every day.

So remember to keep your pedal wrench handy.

You can use it to beat some young cock before he or she gets too deep into ageism.

• Awesome 1

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

It's a common problem.  It is not however confined to the older part of the population.  There are several not so surprising demographic groups most likely to have this problem.  Seniors, Young drivers and Women who wear shoes not suitable for driving.  There are about 44 pedal accidents every day.

You can use it to beat some young cock before he or she gets too deep into ageism.

It’s early yet but this might need to be Nominated!

• Heart 2

6 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

So a score of 2 out of a possible 2, and I'm the cock?  

Yay!  

18 hours ago, late said:

That's not a metaphor, the wife was driving my car (I am quite sore) and was parking, but didn't get it into park. So it started rolling forward, towards the building. She hit the wrong pedal, jumped the small barrier, crushed a planter, and dented the wall. The car, oddly, seems to be fine. My backs a little sore, but that's getting out  of it easy.

I think Portland sends everything if somebody gets a hangnail. We were calling AAA when 2 fire trucks showed up, then 2 cop cars, then a city building inspector. I think the mayor must have had a previous engagement.

My luck runs to extremes.

Sounds like the "Alice's Restaurant" description of Stockbridge, Massachusetts where Arlo Guthrie's littering was the biggest crime of the last 50 years and they took "plaster tire tracks...pictures of the approach, the getaway...and that's not to mention the aerial photography."

Once a college friend of mine named Tom came from a family that followed fire engines to watch fires.  We and about a dozen more friends were staying at a friend's father's place in West Ocean City, Maryland and were driving back from picking up ice cream in Ocean City proper on his motorbike for the group.  Suddenly a fire engine zoomed by as well as some volunteers in vehicles with their emergency flashers on and Tom followed them.  We stopped behind a truck at the edge of the woods where some of the volunteer fire fighters had gathered. The truck's driver was afraid of snakes so they all jumped in the back, inviting us to join them, as the truck driver weaved his way through the brush to the fire.

It turned out a dilapidated old Girl Scout cabin in the woods was burning like crazy and surely already totaled.  The firemen we were with were separated from the cabin by a wide stream so they decided to just aim their hoses (apparently the engine had a large water tank) at the burning cabin from the side they were on.  Meanwhile, we were all having a good time, especially after someone arrived with a few donated cases of beer.

Another volunteer engine appeared on the same side of the stream as the cabin and they began spraying the cabin.  The drunk volunteers on our side were spraying the other fire group as much as the cabin, so the other group, drinking as well, turned their hoses on us.  Eventually the cabin fire was extinguished, by which time it was virtually nothing but a flat-on-the-ground mess and our truck driver took us back to Tom's motorbike.

Of course, the ice cream we had forgotten about was melted and the group at our friend's West O.C. house, after a few angry words, made us go back into town to get more on our own dime.

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Sounds like the "Alice's Restaurant" description of Stockbridge, Massachusetts where Arlo Guthrie's littering was the biggest crime of the last 50 years and they took "plaster tire tracks...pictures of the approach, the getaway...and that's not to mention the aerial photography."

Once a college friend of mine named Tom came from a family that followed fire engines to watch fires.  We and about a dozen more friends were staying at a friend's father's place in West Ocean City, Maryland and were driving back from picking up ice cream in Ocean City proper on his motorbike for the group.  Suddenly a fire engine zoomed by as well as some volunteers in vehicles with their emergency flashers on and Tom followed them.  We stopped behind a truck at the edge of the woods where some of the volunteer fire fighters had gathered. The truck's driver was afraid of snakes so they all jumped in the back, inviting us to join them, as the truck driver weaved his way through the brush to the fire.

It turned out a dilapidated old Girl Scout cabin in the woods was burning like crazy and surely already totaled.  The firemen we were with were separated from the cabin by a wide stream so they decided to just aim their hoses (apparently the engine had a large water tank) at the burning cabin from the side they were on.  Meanwhile, we were all having a good time, especially after someone arrived with a few donated cases of beer.

Another volunteer engine appeared on the same side of the stream as the cabin and they began spraying the cabin.  The drunk volunteers on our side were spraying the other fire group as much as the cabin, so the other group, drinking as well, turned their hoses on us.  Eventually the cabin fire was extinguished, by which time it was virtually nothing but a flat-on-the-ground mess and our truck driver took us back to Tom's motorbike.

Of course, the ice cream we had forgotten about was melted and the group at our friend's West O.C. house, after a few angry words, made us go back into town to get more on our own dime.

This sounds like a @Kirby story.Please edit and tell us how you felt along the way

• Heart 2

17 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Sounds like  "Alice's Restaurant"

and looked at the seeing eye dog. And then at twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one and began to cry, 'cause Obie came to the realization that it was a typical case of American blind justice, and there wasn't nothing he could do about it, and the judge wasn't going to look at the twenty seven eight-by-ten color glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against us. And we was fined fifty dollars and had to pick up the garbage in the snow, but that's not what I came to tell you about.

• Heart 2