Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Old#7

Rock buggy

Recommended Posts

Cool.

Much larger than my toy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That should keep him off the streets.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool!

What is going to provide the go ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Further said:

Cool!

What is going to provide the go ?

Dura Ace?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Further said:

Cool!

What is going to provide the go ?

A BIG,  very BIG rubber band.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Further said:

Cool!

What is going to provide the go ?

LS3 motor. Another friend, Brian from Ohio, is going to do the engine work. Plan is to trailer the buggy out to OH for the engine work. Son has a three -speed turbo 400 trans and transfer case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does your son do for a living?  That is some toy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

What does your son do for a living?  That is some toy....

He works for Peterbilt right now, is hoping to get a position with SnapOn tools. He lives rent free in our basement so that’s where the money comes from.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat!

But I'll put odds on that never getting fully completed. That screams money and time sink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

He works for Peterbilt right now, is hoping to get a position with SnapOn tools. He lives rent free in our basement so that’s where the money comes from.

RBS!  Rock Buggy Son

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Neat!

But I'll put odds on that never getting fully completed. That screams money and time sink.

Lots of good can come of this.  Time spent working on mechanical stuff is great for developing actual mechanical skills, logic and reasoning can be improved, you can work on it with buddies or family members.  You learn about physics when actually using it, and you learn financial discipline and planning when building or maintaining it.  When done, you can take it to remote places and see nature when you aren't tearing it up and have cold beers with others of your ilk.

Beats the hell out of heroin, or so I imagine.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Neat!

But I'll put odds on that never getting fully completed. That screams money and time sink.

The hard part is done and he has the motor, trans and transfer case.  Now it is just a matter of fabbing up some engine mounts and drive shafts and doing a bit of wiring and plumbing.    

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fredericksburg is a great place.  I have a cousin who lived in nearby King George - working at the naval base there, until his wife died and he's now in a nursing home near his son in Manassas. I'm sorry I don't get down to Fredericksburg, about 1 1/2 hour drive from my Maryland home, since my cousin's move a couple years ago.

I took my nephew to survey the Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville battlefields there when he was doing a school project on leadership (Robert E. Lee). The same nephew's middle school orchestra played in a festival competition there in 2014, whose award ceremony was held at King's Dominion amusement park the next day.

The band (and us) ate at the Teppanyaki Sushi and Seafood Buffett after the performance - very excellent. There are also some other great and cheap restaurants along the Plank Rd. running west from Fredericksburg.

Nephew Ryan is the long-haired, brown haired sax player on far right in the closeup - they (Severna Park Middle School) won the 2nd place trophy for best overall orchestra:

2037458053_RyanDorrLongHairTopRight-600pxl.jpg.8534e529f0f3e5afc5fe4b5440c2ab25.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Lots of good can come of this.  Time spent working on mechanical stuff is great for developing actual mechanical skills, logic and reasoning can be improved, you can work on it with buddies or family members.  You learn about physics when actually using it, and you learn financial discipline and planning when building or maintaining it.  When done, you can take it to remote places and see nature when you aren't tearing it up and have cold beers with others of your ilk.

Beats the hell out of heroin, or so I imagine.

Hey RG, how many of these have you built.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing with the tube bender and welder.

I would love to be involved in a build like this. 

This trend is BR46 approved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Hey RG, how many of these have you built.

 

All of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Old#7 said:

He lives rent free in our basement

Got room for one more? Seriously though, that's an sweet looking vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Beats the hell out of heroin, or so I imagine.

I apologize to my son when I talked him into racing vintage middle weight superbikes. 

A heroin addiction probably would have been cheaper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randomguy said:

All of them.

I will never forget the time we spent together climbing over stuff in your rock buggies. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I will never forget the time we spent together climbing over stuff in your rock buggies. 

That was even better than when we were previously doing heroin!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

That was even better than when we were previously doing heroin!

Glory days!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’ll be a blast when completed!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...