What would you do? Jeans falling apart edition...

Randomguy

I have jeans that I wear.  I have worn them for years.  They are good for when you need to wear pants.

My jeans are very thin in the rear-crotchal/butt junction area,, most likely from repeated stretchings and the sitting and the washings whatnot.  It is obvious that there will be a catastrophic event in that area soon.   I suppose I could just continue rolling the dice and wearing these jeans, or I could take the safe route and retire them to a garbage can, as I can't think of another purpose for holey jeans.

I have made my decision; what would you do?

38 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It is obvious that there will be a catastrophic event in that area soon.  

I'd say this is your current "best chance for getting a date", so keep rolling the dice (and maybe do more squatting in public spaces where babes might be present).

• Heart 1

I'd get rid of them.  Cheap "relaxed fit" or "stretchable waist" jeans that I'm very comfortable in are cheap at places like Costco and Walmart.

Then again, I once walked through Walmart in my bike shorts after being challenged to do so on the old LF, so it wouldn't bother me if they split before discarding them!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Gift them to @Couch_Incident for $372.67.  He is into vintage denim.  These sound vintage as all get out, so the price might be a bit low.  Start at $563.84

In all negotiations, you need to have a BATNA - a Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement. This is in case @Couch_Incident gets porky in the negotiations, so that you don't sell the antique item for much less than optimum value. Often threats of violence help the negotiation process (Godfather Approach).

See - I was paying attention in Supply Chain Management Class.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, BuffJim said:

In all negotiations, you need to have a BATNA - a Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement. This is in case @Couch_Incident gets porky in the negotiations, so that you don't sell the antique item for much less than optimum value. Often threats of violence help the negotiation process (Godfather Approach).

See - I was paying attention in Supply Chain Management Class.

When does RG resort to kissing Couch's ring?  

4 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I have jeans that I wear.  I have worn them for years.  They are good for when you need to wear pants.

My jeans are very thin in the rear-crotchal/butt junction area,, most likely from repeated stretchings and the sitting and the washings whatnot.  It is obvious that there will be a catastrophic event in that area soon.   I suppose I could just continue rolling the dice and wearing these jeans, or I could take the safe route and retire them to a garbage can, as I can't think of another purpose for holey jeans.

I have made my decision; what would you do?

Go to Target.  Good fellows are your friend.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I will check them out.  I am wearing my ticking time bomb jeans right now. 

The link I provided would take you to a rugged pair of jeans that have some stretch, they are also made so you can move. You can squat without Southern exposure, and kick your foot over your head. They also have a little Coolmax, so they breathe better than any other jean out there.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:44 AM, joe sharr said:

Gift them to @Couch_Incident for $372.67.  He is into vintage denim.  These sound vintage as all get out, so the price might be a bit low.  Start at $563.84

No.  I wear good denim. 

RG, pm me your measurements.  They need to be real measurements. Look up how to do this on the U2 or Google. 

I will have a custom pair made for you.  You won't have to buy jeans for years. You also can't wash them for six months. 

@Randomguy

Couch 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

27 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

No.  I wear good denim. 

RG, pm me your measurements.  They need to be real measurements. Look up how to do this on the U2 or Google. 

I will have a custom pair made for you.  You won't have to buy jeans for years. You also can't wash them for six months. 

@Randomguy

Couch 

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15814319

• Heart 1