How to cook bacon

jsharr

I like the company that is producing that packaging for their clients.  They are angsty AND uppity, 

I am conflicted, though, this makes me wonder if many stupid or inexperienced people just throw their hands in the air and not cook anything, lest they feel stupid rather than try.  Unless someone shows you how and makes you do it yourself, it is quite likely you just don't know unless you are an inquisitive sort.  A little light shaming will only work on a small subsegment of the population.  Also, most people don't have the vocabulary to know what "render" means, so who are they talking to?

I like my bacon medium-rare.

15 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I like the company that is producing that packaging for their clients.  They are angsty AND uppity, 

I am conflicted, though, this makes me wonder if many stupid or inexperienced people just throw their hands in the air and not cook anything, lest they feel stupid rather than try.  Unless someone shows you how and makes you do it yourself, it is quite likely you just don't know unless you are an inquisitive sort.  A little light shaming will only work on a small subsegment of the population.  Also, most people don't have the vocabulary to know what "render" means, so who are they talking to?

You should move in with @AirwickWithCheese.  He serves his Kosher bacon medium rare.

"A rasher (slice) of British back bacon absolutely needs to contain both pork belly and pork loin in order to even be considered suitable for a traditional full English breakfast, the combination of the two different pieces of pork, each with its own characteristics, blend to create bacon heaven and nobody does this cut quite as well as the British who have been cutting bacon this way for centuries."

https://www.englishbreakfastsociety.com/back-bacon.html

I love that's there a English Breakfast Society. They will fight American bacon, on the beaches, they will fight it in the fields, they will never surrender!

Just now, KrAzY said:

Anyone that does not know how to cook bacon should be smacked in the head with a large dead fish

No one should have large dead fish handy for the purposes of smacking non-knowledgeable bacon makers.  It is my experience that 99% of the people that are 'experienced' in making bacon are total fuckups that have no business cooking bacon, because they suck at it.

11 minutes ago, late said:

"A rasher (slice) of British back bacon absolutely needs to contain both pork belly and pork loin in order to even be considered suitable for a traditional full English breakfast, the combination of the two different pieces of pork, each with its own characteristics, blend to create bacon heaven and nobody does this cut quite as well as the British who have been cutting bacon this way for centuries."

https://www.englishbreakfastsociety.com/back-bacon.html

I love that's there a English Breakfast Society. They will fight American bacon, on the beaches, they will fight it in the fields, they will never surrender!

We would have to come and bail them out again to help them beat us.  Only chance they have.  

17 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Anyone who knows bacon....would never buy that shown in the OP as it contains added water and is not air-cured. This is in itself a mortal sin and the producer will certainly go straight to hell.....fact.

Yeah, but it has maple syrup, so it is redeemed.

On 3/27/2019 at 3:10 PM, Randomguy said:

Youtube.com

I like my bacon cripsy (sic)