A change in my life

AirwickWithCheese

I don't understand it, but now I can't sleep unless I wear socks to bed. This after being feet must be out from under the covers for all my life. 

I do not like change. I may have to go back to moonpies to keep life in order. 

Do you wear socks to bed? I fear we are a minority for certain. 

12 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I don't understand it, but now I can't sleep unless I wear socks to bed. This after being feet must be out from under the covers for all my life. 

I do not like change. I may have to go back to moonpies to keep life in order. 

Do you wear socks to bed? I fear we are a minority for certain. 

I always wear socks unless I am showering.

• Confused 2

...from The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

I grow old ... I grow old ...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind?   Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me...

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...from The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

I grow old ... I grow old ...
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled.

Shall I part my hair behind?   Do I dare to eat a peach?
I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach.
I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each.

I do not think that they will sing to me...

I see nothing about socks but I do fear wearing socks to bed has underlying issues.   :(

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...I haven't owned a pair of white cotton socks since I was fourteen.

I own over two dozen all with the gold toe. Not the new Chinese junk when they sold put but the real enchiladas from the days of cotton mills with underpaid American workers. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

Your circulation is getting worse, same thing happened to me. It can keep getting worse, and moon pies aren't exactly helping.

You need to go walking regularly, and rearrange your diet so it's less inflammatory.

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, late said:

Your circulation is getting worse, same thing happened to me. It can keep getting worse, and moon pies aren't exactly helping.

You need to go walking regularly, and rearrange your diet so it's less inflammatory.

Yep......here's another and I have to boost my circulation with a stiff drink before I retire. Not that it matters much as I can only expect three or four hours sleep anyway. Such is the sorry state of growing old....sniff.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

wow.   :)

I am speechless.  

I discovered that group when looking for something good on Command records in 1968. Command had very high quality sound but most of their artist did boring stuff in high quality. That song is good to sing in the shower as well.

• Heart 1

I loved Savannah when I visited last summer and did entertain the idea. However, the area near Forsyth Fountain is very expensive and I would have to live on the poor side of Drayton street. 

I then went to the Kroger on E. Gwinnet Street and decided no. 

L

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I loved Savannah when I visited last summer and did entertain the idea. However, the area near Forsyth Fountain is very expensive and I would have to live on the poor side of Drayton street. 

L

There's more to life than neighbors and grocery stores.  You need to expand your mind - challenge yourself.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I own over two dozen all with the gold toe. Not the new Chinese junk when they sold put but the real enchiladas from the days of cotton mills with underpaid American workers. 

These are all I used to wear, the crew ones.  Now I only wear REI wool crew socks, in gray.  

I wear socks in my bag when sleeping in really cold weather.  I also put my clothes for the next day in my bag so they are warm in the morning.

If I wear socks to bed, in a conventional setting, I without fail wake up in the night and take them off, unless they are big loose socks and it is very cold.

And I cannot believe you doltish buttplugs did not bring up sock sock shoe shoe yet.  For shame

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ButtPlug9000 said:

I wear socks in my bag when sleeping in really cold weather.  I also put my clothes for the next day in my bag so they are warm in the morning.

If I wear socks to bed, in a conventional setting, I without fail wake up in the night and take them off, unless they are big loose socks and it is very cold.

And I cannot believe you doltish buttplugs did not bring up sock sock shoe shoe yet.  For shame

I never saw that one!  Archie is right, though.

8 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

...hello. My name is @AirwickWithCheese , and I am a sugaholic.

2 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

L

...a decent grocer is essential to the refined life of the aristocracy.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...hello. My name is @AirwickWithCheese , and I am a sugaholic.

...a decent grocer is essential to the refined life of the aristocracy.

How true this is. Enjoyment of the finer things in life is such a gift... and it is further enhanced knowing that the bulk of the population cannot afford these things. I've spent days looking for just the right sort of black olives and for smoked salmon....the proper wild sort....and this while pushing through those hoards of common people who tend to congregate in supermarkets.

It's so difficult being a sophisticate..... but what can you do?

• Heart 1

I wear socks to bed, but only in cold weather.  Never in the summer.  But I don't wear them because my feet feel unusually cold, but because they help to prevent foot and toe cramps during the night.

Also, I have to wear long underwear or pajama bottoms to bed in the winter, to help prevent leg cramps.