I thought of some of you that are often in a hurry when shopping the other day.

sheep_herder

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

As I was checking out the cashier noted that the lady before me left a small bag of groceries.  There were no other store employees close, so I offered to try and catch her in the parking lot.  She was still busy loading groceries into her car, and was appreciative that I had brought the sack to her. When I returned, everyone was waiting patiently, and none seemed put out by the additional wait time.

50 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Miles City makes fine folk.

Indeed.

11 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

When I returned, everyone was waiting patiently, and none seemed put out by the additional wait time.

You've got lazy and/or inefficient cashiers in MC! S/he probably could have checked one or two people out in the meantime.  Likewise, why didn't the SECOND person in line run the stuff out? That would have allowed your time and the cashier's to not be wasted (cashiers are overhead to the grocery store!), and a similar - but better - outcome for all would have been achieved. :D

You folks in MC need some young efficiency expert to help sort things out.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

You've got lazy and/or inefficient cashiers in MC! S/he probably could have checked one or two people out in the meantime.  Likewise, why didn't the SECOND person in line run the stuff out? That would have allowed your time and the cashier's to not be wasted (cashiers are overhead to the grocery store!), and a similar - but better - outcome for all would have been achieved. :D

You folks in MC need some young efficiency expert to help sort things out.

You have to love the 'country' life.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, smudge said:

When it's something like that, no I don't mind. When it's someone just being dumb (yes, I said it), THEN I mind. But something like that is AOK.

What part of "the lady before me left a small bag of groceries" swayed you in either direction?  Why was she distracted? Was she distracted? If not, should she be driving? Is it safe to "help" her in that way? What kind of enabling is SH pushing? Did she learn her lesson? Many more questions need answering before it can be ruled "dumb" vs "smart".  I could see it as "smart" if she was angling for a little slice of SH's rugged handsomeness, but that would be "dumb" as well since he is so clearly not falling for that trap!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What part of "the lady before me left a small bag of groceries" swayed you in either direction?  Why was she distracted? Was she distracted? If not, should she be driving? Is it safe to "help" her in that way? What kind of enabling is SH pushing? Did she learn her lesson? Many more questions need answering before it can be ruled "dumb" vs "smart".  I could see it as "smart" if she was angling for a little slice of SH's rugged handsomeness, but that would be "dumb" as well since he is so clearly not falling for that trap!

DUMB, as in STARTING to look for a checkbook AFTER everything has been rung up... Then STARTING to write out the check.

DUMB, as in Oh wait, I forgot to get...... NO, pay for your stuff, go get what you forgot, get in line at the BACK.

DUMB, as in, Oh, I'm too stoopid as a cashier and forgot I need to call someone over here to help me do my job.

And yes, if a  big, strong, handsome man like SH helps out, it's AOK.  ?

• Haha 1

"DUMB, as in STARTING to look for a checkbook AFTER everything has been rung up... Then STARTING to write out the check."

I'm normally a far left pacifist who doesn't believe in the Death Penalty, but I'm willing to make an exception for this class of people. Thanks @smudge for putting me in a bad mood.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

"DUMB, as in STARTING to look for a checkbook AFTER everything has been rung up... Then STARTING to write out the check."

I'm normally a far left pacifist who doesn't believe in the Death Penalty, but I'm willing to make an exception for this class of people. Thanks @smudge for putting me in a bad mood.

You ned to learn to count to 10.  Start with one and then slowly...

• Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1