It ain't a horse, dummy!

tybeegb

The last two times I rode my beach ride-about bike my hip was extremely sore for three days afterwards.  So I stopped riding it for almost two weeks.  The hip felt really good last night as I dragged the bike out to go to the jam on the south end of the island.  As I threw my right leg up over the saddle there was the same instant pain as before.  Crap.  Crap.  Crap.  As I pedaled along I was pissed that it still hurt and was hesitant to continue as I knew I had to get on and off the bike several more times before I got home.  "Duh", I said to myself., "It ain't a horse stupid.  Just mount it from the right side".  Well is was awkward, especially with the guitar strapped to my back, but I did manage to get on and off the bike without falling over, and it was almost pain free.  I still have some healing to do before I can say I'm ready for the road bike again.  :speedy:

• Heart 1

My bike is tall and my seat even taller. I never swing my leg up over the saddle. I just lift my leg up over the top tube. My right leg is the one with the pins in my hip. This pic is from on petite’s big adventure, she was standing next to my touring bike. My road bike is even taller.E8296F5C-B8F3-4B6D-AD00-E5C65BBD52B2.thumb.png.19937ec1481bb453ca85031147e86f1f.png