Winken, Blinken and Nod

maddmaxx

While I was prepping the bike for riding this yeare I found my tail light inoperative and full of battery fuzz........full full beyond my desire to clean it out.  The new blinkies, front and rear arrived today.  They seem ok.  They are Ascher rechargeable LED's

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EUQ7ZQG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're charging now.  We'll see how well they work.

• Heart 3

42 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Very nice.  I hope you got streamers as well.

First report.  Do not look directly at one of these on a full charge.  

I don't think that did my eyes any good.........other than to give me some funny looking dots to watch.  Technology has improved blinkies.  My old Blackburn tail light was never this bright.

• Heart 1

Just now, maddmaxx said:

First report.  Do not look directly at one of these on a full charge.  

I don't think that did my eyes any good.........other than to give me some funny looking dots to watch.

During a ride last year a friend had his red blinkie light angled too high and I caught a glimpse :wacko: I was seeing strange colors in my vision but didn't relate it his light. Then after riding behind him again I realized it was the light...what a relief. It took some minutes for normalcy to appear.

Just now, MickinMD said:

Nice lights and thanks for the link!  I was told that the best time to drive at night is before the Sun goes down, so I'm not light equipped, but I saved that Amazon page to my bicycle list in case I decide to add them.

Ya.  I had to do my part in pretending that I ride a bike.

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2019 at 3:24 PM, maddmaxx said:

While I was prepping the bike for riding this yeare I found my tail light inoperative and full of battery fuzz........full full beyond my desire to clean it out.  The new blinkies, front and rear arrived today.  They seem ok.  They are Ascher rechargeable LED's

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EUQ7ZQG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're charging now.  We'll see how well they work.

Similar to my Lezyne Zecto blinkies.  Good for simple use.  Not sure why your set doesn't mention the lumen output.  That's a wee odd. But, if you like em, the price was right!  I just got my Cycliq Fly set in the mail, and need to set it all up.  We'll see how well they hold up, how long the hold a charge, and whether they are worth it.

image.png.d396a4eddc42ac81c0c0a209fc71913f.png

Well, the blinkies are constructed so that there is a window on each side so that some of the light goes out to the side of your bike as well as fore and aft.  This is cool.  I'll probably use these for just part of the year when I ride on the road because the trails are soaking wet and muddy.  Once the trail opens out I almost never go back to the road.