Spring is officially here

jsharr

Mowed the yard for the first time in 2019 yesterday.  Mower and edger both started and ran fine.  I use additives in the gas to help keep it fresh and clean the carb .  They seem to work.  Need to change the oil and sharpen the blades.

Have you mowed or had your yard mowed yet this year?

Is yes, when, if no, when do you normally start mowing?

Discus

Mowed a small section Friday, dog's favorite area to take care of things so well fertilized section.

Oil changed, blades sharpened, ready to roll.  I use seafoam in my gas.  Gave up the Stabil after I some spilled in my metal storage cabinet and I saw what it did to it, for something that is supposed to stabilize fuel and prevent corrosion, it corroded the shit out of my cabinet.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Indy said:

Mowed a small section Friday, dog's favorite area to take care of things so well fertilized section.

Oil changed, blades sharpened, ready to roll.  I use seafoam in my gas.  Gave up the Stabil after I some spilled in my metal storage cabinet and I saw what it did to it, for something that is supposed to stabilize fuel and prevent corrosion, it corroded the shit out of my cabinet.

I use Sea Foam and Star Tron Enzyme fuel treatment.  I have taken to running the PowerCare premixed stuff in my string trimmer/blower and chain saws.  Do not trust pump gas in them any longer.  

• Heart 1

WoJSTL mowed the lawn on Saturday. I helped by buying her a new push mower.

Our old mower was in good shape. I changed the oil and air filter plus sharpened the blade. WoJSTL has a disabled friend living on a small budget but was paying over $100 a month to have the lawn cut. WoJSTL is now going to cut it using our old mower.

I use StaBil to keep the gasoline fresh. No problems with it in all the years I've been using it. About once a year, I swap out the gas in the big cans that I store for my portable generator.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I have taken to running the PowerCare premixed stuff in my string trimmer/blower and chain saws.

My 2-stroke blower and weed eater both run fine on the fuel that I mix with oil; however, my chain saw refuses to run correctly unless I buy the premixed fuel. I'm either doing a bad job of mixing the fuel or the chain saw is very sensitive to gasohol.

Rain today. Tuesday is a long dog walk and I'm going to mow the lawn Wednesday, heath permitting.

I woke up today feeling a little congested, but my eyes are also a little sore and I'm feeling much better as the day progresses and my lungs feel fine so it might be pollen and my "small particle allergy" for which I took prescription Clarinex this AM and had chicken soup for lunch.  Otherwise I hope it's a 24-hour thing.

I picked up all the tree debis Saturday, ran the mower more as a vacuum cleaner than a cutter. Been using Stabil for years, started fine.

One winter I put aviation fuel (no ethanal) in my motorcycle, the guy selling it told me it has a ten year shelf life. The bike (an old '83 Honda) started in the spring like it had been overnight not 4 cold months. 

A couple guys at work who run 2 stroke dirt bikes swear by the stuff, they run it in all their 2 stroke equipment.