2019 NHL Playoffs Thread

Prophet Zacharia

4 hours ago, jsharr said:

So, should they have blown the puck dead when Bishop to the shot to the shoulder and went down?  Not that it would have mattered.  

nope.

Bishop has a rep for diving.  If he was not moving, they would have blown the play dead, but until you gain possession, play goes on.

4 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Now I’d like to see the Avs do the same.

Bite your tongue!!

My only hope of making money in our hockey pool here is if the Sharks advance.  Sharks win, regardless if they get through the third round I will finish top three, if they lose, bring the jam because I am toast

Sharks win, I messed up picking the Isles in the last round.

I am thinking Bruins-Sharks in the finals, and Bruins win in 6

Sharks win tonight pretty much puts me solid in the top three in our hockey pool so I will be making money regardless of what happens now.  It is just a question of how much

7 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Sharks win, I messed up picking the Isles in the last round.

I am thinking Bruins-Sharks in the finals, and Bruins win in 6

Sharks win tonight pretty much puts me solid in the top three in our hockey pool so I will be making money regardless of what happens now.  It is just a question of how much

Congratulations.

Blues and Bruins are my NHL.com bracket finalists from the start, so I will stay with that.

• Heart 1

I didnt see the game, early Subday afternoon here and sunny and warm out, but by the score looks like a rout.  The first story I find about the game is about what an ass Marchand is.  

Man, why doesn't that dick just stick to hockey, which he CAN play.

37 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I didnt see the game, early Subday afternoon here and sunny and warm out, but by the score looks like a rout.  The first story I find about the game is about what an ass Marchand is.  

Man, why doesn't that dick just stick to hockey, which he CAN play.

Agreed, he is pretty talented,  but a schmuck. 

• Heart 1

Looks like it will be Bruins and Blues.  I am a Bruins fan from here on out, even if the Sharks beat the Blues.

The Bruins are the -135 favorites at Bovada, with the St. Louis Blues (+260), San Jose Sharks (+270) and Carolina Hurricanes (+6000) behind them on the oddsboard.

44 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

No thank you.

Hey Wheels, when are you going to send Wade and I our Bruins shirts and towels.  We won a cup for the Pens with our Pens shirts and towels that were gifted to us by a poster that I will not name.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

They really couldn't miss the hand pass.

I am sure the discussion was did it hit the defensemen's shin going by?  If it did, the puck is live and is not a hand pass

No, it would still be a hand pass. A Blues defender would have to have control of the puck before the hand pass would be waived off. That never happened.

All goals in overtime are reviewable. They should have reviewed the goal and determined the puck was dead when the Shark player took possession and set up the shot. 

35 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

No, it would still be a hand pass. A Blues defender would have to have control of the puck before the hand pass would be waived off. That never happened.

All goals in overtime are reviewable. They should have reviewed the goal and determined the puck was dead when the Shark player took possession and set up the shot. 

My bad.  I had thought it was just a touch and not control.  How they missed that is beyond me.  And they will have to change the reviewable option for overtime to be able to call this one back from head office.

Between this and the "high stick" in game 7 against Vegas, if they win the cup, it should come with an *  

The way it is written, only the goal is reviewable, not the play leading up to it.  If he batted it into the net, that is reviewable. All (as it now sits) that they can review is Karlsson shooting the puck, if it went over the line and if the goalie was interfered with.  If Meier had of high sticked it instead of hand passed it and they missed it, they could not review that either as it was not the actual goal.  

I am not sure with "all goals being reviewed in OT" where the whole off-side thing is.  Calls like this one could certainly fit into a similar category

I do have Meier in my hockey pool, so I will take the assist!  

13 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

The way it is written, only the goal is reviewable, not the play leading up to it.  

I don’t care. Toronto should have called, said no goal due to a hand pass, and the refs should have said “game on”.  To review if it were a goal and ignore that elephant in the room is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t care. Toronto should have called, said no goal due to a hand pass, and the refs should have said “game on”.  To review if it were a goal and ignore that elephant in the room is ridiculous.

the rules don't allow it.  It would be like Toronto calling and saying they decided it's OK to kick a puck in, just this once.

14 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

It would be fun for Joe Thornton to come back to Boston and steal the Cup away from the Bruins. Or the Blues to avenge the 1970 Final loss to Orr’s Bruins.

I never thought about either of those, it may make the finals somewhat interesting.

I need the sharks in to win my hockey pool, but a former teammates son is the (now) backup goalie behind Binnington so it woukd be neat to see him in finals, even though he is not playing.

Finally, we have a Final! Blues visit Boston on Monday for game 1. Stupid NHL takes five days off before starting the series. ? 

Reminds me of 2008 when I bought SCF game 2 tickets at Detroit, before the schedule was released, and was very disappointed they did Sat/Monday instead of Friday/Sunday. Driving home after the game and needing to work the next day was terrible. Although I did meet a nice Ohio State Police Officer early that Monday morning.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Blues in 6.

That was an epic finals pick.  Bravo.

In all honesty, I have no idea how this final will go.  I will say Blues in 7

As much as I hate to say it, it would be kind of neat to see Boston win.  I cannot ever recall a time when one city owned three of the four major championships at the same time.  Too bad the Celtics weren't stronger

• Heart 1