2019 NHL Playoffs Thread

Prophet Zacharia

13 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Boo

Yes, the Blues won, they played better, and got more goals.

What a dirty team they are, cheap shots, high hits to the head, boarding that isn't called, dives.  Disrespectful.

That's rich, coming from a team with Marchand on the roster.....

There's been some shots that would be called in regular season, but few dangerous hits, and they've been pretty even both sides.  Refs are doing a good job calling the ones thet affect play and otherwise letting stuff go a bit.

Blues have been way more physical, and it's working.  But they need to get smarter, or Boston wins.

Chara can't catch a break.  Except for wrists and jaws, that is.  He'll be back, I think he just didn't play because he was still dripping and not allowed on the ice.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I won’t count him out, but if he can’t even speak, it’s hard to breath and communicate on the ice, let alone eat/hydrate. 

And a clean time like the Blues would never stoop to hitting the guy with the broken jaw up high....

Just now, jsharr said:

And here I was waiting for you to go off on Marchand.  Silly me.

I actually like Marchand. Yeah, he’s a major pest, and at time goes over the line, but so be it. I respect the Bruins, they are a great team with great players, but they’re not immune to the crap and therefore I shed no tears.

4 minutes ago, 12string said:

I would like Marchand, if he didn't make so many dirty plays.  The fact that he's talented and that crap actually hurts his game makes me like him even less.

I came to like Marchand skaking on a line with Crosby and Bergeron in the World Cup two (or three) years ago. I prefer his agitating style to that of Tom Wilson, who will eventually end someone’s career. Marchand is just going to spread cooties. 

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Tom Wilson, who will eventually end someone’s career. Marchand is just going to spread cooties. 

Tru dat.  Really bothers me that the league talks about cutting down injuries but keeps letting Wilson off easy.  He's despicable

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

But a terrible missed tripping call on the GWG. 

#Gloria

Yup.  I don't mind letting incidental stuff go, but that drastically affected the play.  Even Bozak knew it, he threw his arms out in the "Who Me?" they all do when they know they got caught.

Of course, Boston could have tried actually defending the play, they had a couple chances to stop that from being anything more than  a missed call.

And that wasn't just any trip, it was a slew foot, and the result showed why it's a really dangerous play.  Didn't really look intentional, however.

4 hours ago, 12string said:

Yup.  I don't mind letting incidental stuff go, but that drastically affected the play.  Even Bozak knew it, he threw his arms out in the "Who Me?" they all do when they know they got caught.

Of course, Boston could have tried actually defending the play, they had a couple chances to stop that from being anything more than  a missed call.

And that wasn't just any trip, it was a slew foot, and the result showed why it's a really dangerous play.  Didn't really look intentional, however.

I didn’t see any push on the upper body to make it a slew foot, Bozak had both hands on his stick. I saw a replay today that gave me some sense that the Bruins defenseman Carlo may have screened the referee from seeing the contact with the skate/leg by Bozak. If that’s the case, I can better understand the non-call. I’d rather that they miss the call than guess what happened based on the outcome, like they did in the SJS/Vegas series. 

I disagree with the Bruins’ decision to dress 7 defencemen. I understand why they did it, being unsure how Chara would sustain the pounding he took. But their success in these playoffs has been by rolling four lines, and that decision changed their dynamic. 

A slew foot doesn't require an upper body push, just kicking legs out from behind.  Like I said, not intentional.  Not gonna kill the refs for missing it, that happens, it just seemed pretty obvious.  However, Acciari has been diving, so if the refs couldn't see Bozak's foot, only saw a body flying, they might be reluctant to call unless they were sure it wasn't a dive.

Yup, never understood 7D.  WAY easier on the players and lines to roll 5 D than 11 forwards.  And Chara is a beast.  That was quite the effort

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Cool your jet until we get one more W, then you can send me what ever you think is fair for that avatar.  Ask @Kzoo for guidance on etiquette.

I currently wearting my 2012 finals t shirt.  Clearly I cannot wash it until after Saturday.  I will send you that and replace it with a 2019 t shirt.  Do you want me to wash the one I have on now before sending it to you?

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I currently wearting my 2012 finals t shirt.  Clearly I cannot wash it until after Saturday.  I will send you that and replace it with a 2019 t shirt.  Do you want me to wash the one I have on now before sending it to you?

Is is sized XXL?