2019 NHL Playoffs Thread

Prophet Zacharia

7 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Well, I can predict the future.

I can say with absolute certainty that the Bruins will win on Tuesday!  Or, they will not.  Of this, I have no doubt.

In this series, I would have to base my prediction on away ice advantage, so I'll give the edge to the Leafs.

13 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

And yet those teams have won three Cups since the Flyers last won a playoff series. So... sick burn.

But honestly, the order of importance is: 1) NFL, 2) MLB, 3) NBA, and then 4) NHL. 

Still, not awful for any of those cities - Philly, Pitt, or DC, but the ball is back in Pittsburgh's court.

4 minutes ago, 12string said:

Now that Snyder's officially taken over the draft, NFL will move down that list in DC

We were laughing at that today!  Too funny.  Well, funny for ME, and sad for the Skins fans.

I was also encouraging the Caps fans to toss all their 2018 championship stuff in the trash and to update their computer backgrounds to something more current.  Sadly, the Wizards are done too, and the Nats are a bit sketchy right now. And the Skins, well, their the Snyder Skins, and that is no fun.

1 hour ago, 12string said:

So are the caps and pens out yet? 

I don't follow the stats of teams, listen to talk radio, or make predictions based on facts.  I was not too worried about the Bruins playing Tampa, they seemed to play well against them this year.

I was worried about them playing the Caps, it seems like they show up with a defeated attitude, as if they can't win.

As for the Penguins, well, they're the Penguins, never rule them out.

I'm happy they are both gone - assuming we can get past Columbus, but I think we will.

42 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

But honestly, the order of importance is: 1) NFL, 2) MLB, 3) NBA, and then 4) NHL.

Order of importance to who? You either follow a team passionately, or you don’t really care until maybe your city’s team makes the playoffs. I personally couldn’t care less about the NBA, and until MLB gets a salary cap, it’s not really competitive. Football I’ll watch once the boat is out of the water on cold Sunday afternoons, but I’ll watch 82 regular season NHL games and many playoff games every year, even after my team is eliminated. 

• Heart 1

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

Order of importance to who? You either follow a team passionately, or you don’t really care until maybe your city’s team makes the playoffs. I personally couldn’t care less about the NBA, and until MLB gets a salary cap, it’s not really competitive. Football I’ll watch once the boat is out of the water on cold Sunday afternoons, but I’ll watch 82 regular season NHL games and many playoff games every year, even after my team is eliminated. 

You are officially "insane"!

Cold temps can do that to you :D

Just now, Shu Fang said:

Here is how I rate the sports. 

1.  College Football. 

2.  NHL Hockey. 

3.  MLB. 

4.  NFL. 

Shu Fang 

Well, yeah, don't even get folks charged up with other options!  NASCAR???? Golf??? WWE???? MMA??  And the perennial brain-frozen curling!

5 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

That’s better than a lot of professional hockey analysts did, to be honest. Even @Zephyr struggled with that round.

Dont listen to me, I was 2 for 8 in the first round and picking those two in the finals (Boston-San Jose)

For this round i am going with 

Isles

Bruins

San Jose

St Louis

The Bruins killed it first period, fell apart in the second and the start of the third, then did OK the rest of the third and OT.

Columbus did not play like a team that swept the best team in the league.  This usually makes me nervous that a good team reviews their mistakes and come roaring back.  We'll see.