I need a new challenge and this is it.

Wilbur

Wow! I wish I could finger pick like that. I haven't tried them on guitar, but Bach's keyboard pieces are usually very hard to play on the piano because in Bach's Late Baroque Music Era, chords were frequently not used to accompany the piano melodies as they've been ever since Mozart and the Classical Era.  Bach used counterpoint, where a background melody accompanies the main melody and the two melodies are designed to, at key points, simultaneously hit the notes that make chords that make the music harmonious. Doing a different melody with each hand is tricky.  I successfully auditioned and played in 12 ACE Recitals at the Peabody Institute of the Johns Hopkins University in my 50's and 60's and there were a few years where I spent a couple months working on a Bach piece for the audition, but then gave up and switched to Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin, etc. - at the Peabody, you're not allowed to use simplified versions, you have to use a "Masterwork Edition" of the sheetmusic and play it as originally composed.

The hardest non-classical piece I'm considering learning - and it will be a severe challenge - is Scott Joplin's Maple Leaf Rag - here's a piano and a guitar version:

• Heart 1