How much does my gut bacteria overgrowth weigh?

Randomguy

14 minutes ago, Dickweed said:

I am now thinking that my digestive system had a party and it ended up being more of a festival.  I am hoping I can convince it to leave somehow.

How much of me is bacteria weight?

The human body contains trillions of microorganisms — outnumbering human cells by 10 to 1. Because of their small size, however, microorganisms make up only about 1 to 3 percent of the body's mass (in a 200-pound adult, that's 2 to 6 pounds of bacteria), but play a vital role in human health.Jun 13, 2012
  • Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:
The human body contains trillions of microorganisms — outnumbering human cells by 10 to 1. Because of their small size, however, microorganisms make up only about 1 to 3 percent of the body's mass (in a 200-pound adult, that's 2 to 6 pounds of bacteria), but play a vital role in human health.Jun 13, 2012

That might be true in 2012 but by now the bacteria have likely reproduced and created "billions and billions" of more bacteria.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dickweed said:

I haven't eaten much in the last 24 hours, just a couple ribs of celery and 2 carrots with sunflower butter last night and I am still bloated.  I am thinking there is some fermenting fungus or something feeding all the bacteria still.

Sounds like you need some good bacteria probiotics. Get some Kambocha and drink it. 

• Awesome 1