Murphy rides again

late

I wanted to go for a ride.

I put on shorts with the Boure pro pad, there is a small ridge at the edge of the pad. That, or something, made my left piriformis sing with pain when I got on the saddle. So I got out a pair of tights that I had a larger pad sewn into. This was like 20 years ago, or more. So the elastic was such that not only did they want to fall off, the wife says I was showing crack. But at least I learned that the wider pad didn't bother.

SO, I tried something without a pad, Sugoi Espresso pants. If they still make them, they are excellent.  That was not esp. comfortable, but it was tolerable. My street has potholes, so I turned uphill again. Even with the motor I was coming to places I had to walk it. As I was getting back on the bike after my second walk, the battery fell off. I doubt this was the fault of the battery, I  had tried to take it off weeks earlier. I didn't get it off, but I think it wound up unlocked.

I eat a lot of fiber, and that has results you can expect. So naturally Nature decided to make itself known at that moment.

So we had to turn around, and ride back, no motor, and with a log in an uncomfortable place. But it was good exercise.

So now I am looking at Aerotech shorts. It's been at least 15 years since I bought a pair of shorts. There's a zillion different pads now, and my butt is a babe in the woods. Hmmm, that was an unfortunate turn of phrase.

I've 'invented' a new superjuice. Chop up half a stem of organic celery (about a cup), throw it in a blender. Put in roughly 4 ounces of organic beet juice (not Trader Joes) and about 4 ounces of Trader Joes Power of 7 superjuice.

Blend, put a large sieve on a bowl, and pour. Then take a large spoon, and ice scream scoop works well, and squeeze the last bits of juice. Order a blue and red uniform with an S on the chest.

https://www.revelsports.com/shopexd.asp?id=777

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Airehead said:

I am not sure I understand this. 

Which part?

I went for a bike ride, things got real.

My old shorts aren't working out as well as I thought, so I am looking to get a new pair.

I also may need a costume maker for a new Superman outfit.. :D

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, late said:

Which part?

I went for a bike ride, things got real.

My old shorts aren't working out as well as I thought, so I am looking to get a new pair.

I also may need a costume maker for a new Superman outfit.. :D

Not that anyone will care, but I ordered Clydesdale shorts from Aerotech, also their crochet gel gloves. Nashbar used to have these crochet gel gloves, that had just a whisper of gel. They were great, hope these are like them. Prob not.