A few from this morning

sheep_herder

I see in the second picture a black and maybe a tan colored sheep.  Do the breeds you raise have many colors or are most white?  We picked out lambs not only for body conformation but also for wool color and texture. Crimp, length and color were all considered. I realize that when you are raising mainly meat sheep the traits you look for are different than when you are  selecting breeding stock for a heritage wool breed.

4 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

I see in the second picture a black and maybe a tan colored sheep.  Do the breeds you raise have many colors or are most white?  We picked out lambs not only for body conformation but also for wool color and texture. Crimp, length and color were all considered. I realize that when you are raising mainly meat sheep the traits you look for are different than when you are  selecting breeding stock for a heritage wool breed.

The hair sheep come in many colors and many have spots.  The Lincoln wool sheep are black, white and anything in between. Here is an example of sheep from the two breeds.  I think you will be able to tell the difference in the few Lincolns mixed in with the hair sheep.

P1000028.jpg

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

The hair sheep come in many colors and many have spots.  The Lincoln wool sheep are black, white and anything in between. Here is an example of sheep from the two breeds.  I think you will be able to tell the difference in the few Lincolns mixed in with the hair sheep.

P1000028.jpg

they all look cold!  you should let them inside with you. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

You've been talking with Kirby.? Snow is all gone, and they are warm today. The hair sheep have begun to shed their undercoat, so the look pretty ragged.

My doggos are looking pretty rough.  I need to cut off their winter coat.  Sandy is getting pretty matted.