Need gift suggestion for my Brother In Law

Kirby

I need a gift suggestion for my Brother In Law.  They're trying to clean out a lot of stuff so I don't want to get him anything that is permanent and will take up space.  I normally get coffee in that situation, but I think my wild sister wants to get coffee this time.  I recall someone mentioning a nice place to order different cheeses - does anyone recall that?

Any other food gift suggestions?

If I can't think of any food gifts,  my fallback is a historical book.  They recently visited a bunch of Civil War and Revolutionary War historic spots.  Any suggestions for a good read?

Is there a local place he likes to frequent?  One year while visiting my FIL we went to this wine shop. We could tell he was a regular by their conversations and saw that they sold gift certs so I grabbed a card.  For his bday we bought a gift certificate to that place & had them send it to him.

He really liked that gift.

• Awesome 1

The Civil War Trilogy Box Set:

Selected by the Modern Library as one of the 100 best nonfiction books of all time

On the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War, the Modern Library publishes Shelby Foote’s three-volume masterpiece in a new boxed set including three hardcovers and a new trade paperback, American Homer: Reflections on Shelby Foote and His Classic Civil War: A Narrative, 

...a lot of people don't read the whole thing straight through, they just pick away at the sections that describe what were the conditions and events of a particular battle or period they're interested in....like if there's one or two places you've visited already but want some better background on what transpired and who were the major players. Shelby Foote is a good read on the civil War.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Here is the  Cheese House in New Wilmington. It’s an amazing place in person, this is the first time I looked at their website because I pass this place every week on the way home from church. It is right across the road from the Amish run cheese plant but they also sell cheeses from all over the world.

https://www.nwcheesehouse.com/copy-of-cheese

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

https://www.zingermans.com/

they have a variety of cool foods including a bread and cheese gift pack

Also bacon gift packs and a Parmigiano Reggiano Club

I forgot about them.  We've used them a few times at work to get a gift for homesick U. of Michigan grads. 

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, Kirby said:

I need a gift suggestion for my Brother In Law.  They're trying to clean out a lot of stuff so I don't want to get him anything that is permanent and will take up space.  I normally get coffee in that situation, but I think my wild sister wants to get coffee this time.  I recall someone mentioning a nice place to order different cheeses - does anyone recall that?

Any other food gift suggestions?

If I can't think of any food gifts,  my fallback is a historical book.  They recently visited a bunch of Civil War and Revolutionary War historic spots.  Any suggestions for a good read?

Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly.  I just listened to it on CD. His well known politics don't bleed into his narrative, in my opinion.

• Awesome 1