Do your shoes fit?

Randomguy

Yes as long as I put them on the correct feet.

I was born with club foot. My right foot is about a half size smaller than the left foot. When buying new shoes, I make sure that the left shoe fits properly which leaves the right shoe a little loose. I tie that one up tighter or wear two pairs of socks.

The right leg is also shorter so I often use something like a Doctor Scholl's insert in just the right shoe.

I have shims for the cleats on my road bike shoes to make up some of the difference in leg length. 

• Heart 1

My feet are like @JerrySTL in that the left foot is a whole size larger than the right.  In order for my left foot to be happy my right foot has to swim around in the shoe.

I actually can’t swap the other way as my left foot can’t tolerate a full size too small and going down a half size so both feet are unhappy doesn’t work well either....

11 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Some places like LLBean will give you a deep discount if you need to buy two pairs to make one.  Then you can give the spare of the pair to the amputee organization that helps people who only need to buy one shoe.

Too bad Chris and Jerry don't have opposite feet that are large and small.  If they wore the same size shoes, they could buy two pair and swap them out to fit!   :)

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Wasn't it fortunate that the Wicked Witch of the East and Dorothy wore the same size shoe?  The whole Oz story kind of depended on it.  :)

Duh, they were magic shoes. They would have fit whoever put them on, even the cowardly lion.

50 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

My right foot is about a half size smaller than the left foot.

This, plus my left leg is shorter and attaches at an odd angle because my knees are all messed up (left knee moreso) and that has caused my hip and foot to act differently and are also messed up through imbalances, etc..

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Mine fit pretty well.  My feet do not like tight shoes, so I spend quite a bit of time finding ones that fit well.  I buy my hiking boots a half size large so that I can wear nice wool socks with them.  

I have slightly narrow feet and very low foot volume, and I hate loose-feeling shoes that slide around, and almost all do for the correct length.  I am always looking for some that stay put, and it is really tough.  I have a few pair of Allen Edmond shoes that are nice and fit better because they are specifically narrow.   Nobody seems to do specifically narrow beat-around shoes, though, sometimes I just have to make do.

Just now, Randomguy said:

I have slightly narrow feet and very low foot volume, and I hate loose-feeling shoes that slide around, and almost all do for the correct length.  I am always looking for some that stay put, and it is really tough.  I have a few pair of Allen Edmond shoes that are nice and fit better because they are specifically narrow.   Nobody seems to do specifically narrow beat-around shoes, though, sometimes I just have to make do. 

Try women's shoes.

• Awesome 1
  • Envious 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I have found Nike to run very narrow 

My shoes fit. I can’t buy them just anywhere. I bought a pair of ASICS 14 EEEE running shoes for a race and they fit so nice I bought a second pair just for casual wear. I also have a pair of Nikes running shoes that fit nice. I think the people that make running shoes try harder.

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

Some places like LLBean will give you a deep discount if you need to buy two pairs to make one.  Then you can give the spare of the pair to the amputee organization that helps people who only need to buy one shoe.

Or you can go to a place like Kohls where you help yourself and just put the correct 2 sizes in the box before stepping up to the cash register.

10 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Or you can go to a place like Kohls where you help yourself and just put the correct 2 sizes in the box before stepping up to the cash register.

I won’t be that guy but I recently bought some comfy New Balance running shoes at Dicks.  I tried on several shoes and since I don’t normally wear NB I tried on a size larger & smaller than my usual size (they seem true to size).

Anyway I could have easily swapped sizes for the perfect fit but the girl not only made sure the box & shoe correlated but that both were the same size.  

I’m gonna guess people try that trick...

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I won’t be that guy but I recently bought some comfy New Balance running shoes at Dicks.  I tried on several shoes and since I don’t normally wear NB I tried on a size larger & smaller than my usual size (they seem true to size).

Anyway I could have easily swapped sizes for the perfect fit but the girl not only made sure the box & shoe correlated but that both were the same size.  

I’m gonna guess people try that trick...

I would never suggest such a thing.  I seem to remember a cashier or 2 checking the shoes in the box for the right sizes.

Blessed to have both feet @ 11.5 US.  Oh and both legs the same length.  Nothing odd about me, eh.

4 hours ago, Indy said:

Why would someone buy shoes that don't fit?

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Sometimes that is all there is.

Or you have a shoe fettish like my brother.  If he likes a shoe he will buy it.  Too small normally not but I have seen him wear a 14 when his true size is 11.5. Dude has as many shoes as Imelda Marcos.