dumbass

bikeman564™

is what I was called today while riding on a bike path. Also another reason to avoid bike paths. So I was riding along on the right (and correct) side while a millennial couple were walking toward me on their left (and incorrect) side. I stay my course, and they do not budge, even though they seen me. So the assphuck says "dumbass". I'm sure his spinner slut was proud of him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

is what I was called today while riding on a bike path. Also another reason to avoid bike paths. So I was riding along on the right (and correct) side while a millennial couple were walking toward me on their left (and incorrect) side. I stay my course, and they do not budge, even though they seen me. So the assphuck says "dumbass". I'm sure his spinner slut was proud of him.

Reminds me of the Real Housewife If OC wannabes who walk 5 across on the MUP. As I approach “WE ARE WALKING HEEEERE!!!! HELLO, CANT YOU SEE US HERE?!?!?!”

Oh I’m sorry I didn’t realize this was your trail.  It’s a walking trail, not a biking trail. Yeah no it’s a mixed use trail so please get out of the way.

I get the wealthy entitled beotches out my way.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

You didn't stop?

Puzzy. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

HA!

But the general rule in cycling is to err on the side of being the gracious one and taking the high road.  Keep in mind, too, that while that guy does seem to be a dick, there really is no reason to play chicken with him. Likewise, many pedestrians prefer walking against traffic, not with it.  That is a pretty well established norm for folks running on the road, so a path may be considered "fair game" as well for that sort of thing.  Finally, in the food chain, we cyclists are screwed, and the low man (animal) on the totem pole.  On roads, motorists can find relative ease in pushing us around (even killing us) and making the "shared" roads non-shared to cyclists.  On paths, pedestrians (walkers, runners, etc) rule the roost, and it is with their blessing that we - the unwashed masses - are allowed on their pathways.

image.png.6fd0820fd909af7d1133689eba0899fd.png

• Heart 2

5 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I didn't, I figured they would move 

In that case:

image.png.0b1ac64ef3ee0cb80c5be8c5c2cc0653.png

It sucks, but it is the general rule.  Sort of like how we stop at stop signs and red traffic lights, when we all know that's BS.  It can be changed, but cyclists rarely win favor with the non riding public.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

In that case:

image.png.0b1ac64ef3ee0cb80c5be8c5c2cc0653.png

It sucks, but it is the general rule.  Sort of like how we stop at stop signs and red traffic lights, when we all know that's BS.  It can be changed, but cyclists rarely win favor with the non riding public.

I often come across people on horses and always ask if it’s OK to come through.  I don’t think I have ever gotten a no but nearly always get a thanks for asking. 

I figure we have pissed off enough people so I try to build equity.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I figure we have pissed off enough people so I try to build equity. 

Well the challenge is that the azz Bikeguy was dealing with was likely just a puffed up azz with a chick.  No building anything with dudes like that.  On the other hand, I find it is easier to just err on the "let it go" side, since some of those folks are actually okay people, and I usually can't truly assess them at 18mph.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Well the challenge is that the azz Bikeguy was dealing with was likely just a puffed up azz with a chick.  No building anything with dudes like that.  On the other hand, I find it is easier to just err on the "let it go" side, since some of those folks are actually okay people, and I usually can't truly assess them at 18mph.

Wow you are fast!  ?

12 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Wow you are fast!  ?

?

So, what's that in MTB speeds? 8 mph? 9 mph?  I assumed he was on a paved path (a la Beans), and not some technical dirt trail.   A dirt trail would have been isolated enough for Bikeman to beat the dude silly and make away with his girl.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

?

So, what's that in MTB speeds? 8 mph? 9 mph?  I assumed he was on a paved path (a la Beans), and not some technical dirt trail.   A dirt trail would have been isolated enough for Bikeman to beat the dude silly and make away with his girl.

I was wondering if you would get the reference!